But hip-hop’s most celebrated lyricist apparently has a penchant for not returning phone calls.
Just ask legendary music maker Paul Anka, who has repeatedly reached out to Jay-z in hopes that he might contribute to his new album, “Duets.”
Anka’s new project will feature a number of well-known artists including Michael Jackson, whom Anka wished to pair with Jay-Z on one of his cuts.
“I called up Jay-Z,” Anka told TMZ during an interview. “I wanted to put him in on a rap with Michael Jackson in the middle… But Jay-Z has totally blown me off. He won’t answer my calls. He’s inappropriate in his behavior. I love his wife. I think she’s great. But Jay-Z wouldn’t return the call.”
A collaboration between the two artists appears unlikely despite the fact that Anka’s tune “My Way” was once sampled for “I Did It My Way,” a track from Jay’s Blueprint 2: The Gift and the Curse LP.
“He’s too busy with his clothing line,” a disappointed Anka half heartedly joked.
No, the problem is you’re not Justin Timberlake.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here