But hip-hop’s most celebrated lyricist apparently has a penchant for not returning phone calls.
Just ask legendary music maker Paul Anka, who has repeatedly reached out to Jay-z in hopes that he might contribute to his new album, “Duets.”
Anka’s new project will feature a number of well-known artists including Michael Jackson, whom Anka wished to pair with Jay-Z on one of his cuts.
“I called up Jay-Z,” Anka told TMZ during an interview. “I wanted to put him in on a rap with Michael Jackson in the middle… But Jay-Z has totally blown me off. He won’t answer my calls. He’s inappropriate in his behavior. I love his wife. I think she’s great. But Jay-Z wouldn’t return the call.”
A collaboration between the two artists appears unlikely despite the fact that Anka’s tune “My Way” was once sampled for “I Did It My Way,” a track from Jay’s Blueprint 2: The Gift and the Curse LP.
“He’s too busy with his clothing line,” a disappointed Anka half heartedly joked.
No, the problem is you’re not Justin Timberlake.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here