But hip-hop’s most celebrated lyricist apparently has a penchant for not returning phone calls.
Just ask legendary music maker Paul Anka, who has repeatedly reached out to Jay-z in hopes that he might contribute to his new album, “Duets.”
Anka’s new project will feature a number of well-known artists including Michael Jackson, whom Anka wished to pair with Jay-Z on one of his cuts.
“I called up Jay-Z,” Anka told TMZ during an interview. “I wanted to put him in on a rap with Michael Jackson in the middle… But Jay-Z has totally blown me off. He won’t answer my calls. He’s inappropriate in his behavior. I love his wife. I think she’s great. But Jay-Z wouldn’t return the call.”
A collaboration between the two artists appears unlikely despite the fact that Anka’s tune “My Way” was once sampled for “I Did It My Way,” a track from Jay’s Blueprint 2: The Gift and the Curse LP.
“He’s too busy with his clothing line,” a disappointed Anka half heartedly joked.
No, the problem is you’re not Justin Timberlake.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here