But hip-hop’s most celebrated lyricist apparently has a penchant for not returning phone calls.
Just ask legendary music maker Paul Anka, who has repeatedly reached out to Jay-z in hopes that he might contribute to his new album, “Duets.”
Anka’s new project will feature a number of well-known artists including Michael Jackson, whom Anka wished to pair with Jay-Z on one of his cuts.
“I called up Jay-Z,” Anka told TMZ during an interview. “I wanted to put him in on a rap with Michael Jackson in the middle… But Jay-Z has totally blown me off. He won’t answer my calls. He’s inappropriate in his behavior. I love his wife. I think she’s great. But Jay-Z wouldn’t return the call.”
A collaboration between the two artists appears unlikely despite the fact that Anka’s tune “My Way” was once sampled for “I Did It My Way,” a track from Jay’s Blueprint 2: The Gift and the Curse LP.
“He’s too busy with his clothing line,” a disappointed Anka half heartedly joked.
No, the problem is you’re not Justin Timberlake.
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here