*Keegan Michael Key of Comedy Central’s “Key and Peele” will join Brad Morris in USA Network’s untitled comedy pilot starring Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The single-camera, semi-autobiographical comedy revolves around a single parent, Maggie (Parham), who asks her single and career-minded best friend Emma (St. Clair) to raise her new baby; it follows the two best friends, who reunite just when they need each other the most.
Key will play Mark, a cop in Emma and Maggie’s small town who has some resentment toward Emma because she turned down his proposal when they were 23 and split the following day.
Morris, whose credits include episodes of “Modern Family” and “Cougar Town,” will play Bruce, Maggie’s husband, who is caught having online sex during her baby shower.
It’s unclear whether Key will remain on board with the comedy should it move forward, given his commitments to “Key and Peele,” which was renewed in November for a third season.
Parham and St. Clair — who created and starred in NBC’s short-lived comedy “BFF” — penned the script and will executive produce the Universal Cable Productions and American Work production alongside Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan.
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here