*Keegan Michael Key of Comedy Central’s “Key and Peele” will join Brad Morris in USA Network’s untitled comedy pilot starring Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The single-camera, semi-autobiographical comedy revolves around a single parent, Maggie (Parham), who asks her single and career-minded best friend Emma (St. Clair) to raise her new baby; it follows the two best friends, who reunite just when they need each other the most.
Key will play Mark, a cop in Emma and Maggie’s small town who has some resentment toward Emma because she turned down his proposal when they were 23 and split the following day.
Morris, whose credits include episodes of “Modern Family” and “Cougar Town,” will play Bruce, Maggie’s husband, who is caught having online sex during her baby shower.
It’s unclear whether Key will remain on board with the comedy should it move forward, given his commitments to “Key and Peele,” which was renewed in November for a third season.
Parham and St. Clair — who created and starred in NBC’s short-lived comedy “BFF” — penned the script and will executive produce the Universal Cable Productions and American Work production alongside Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here