*Keegan Michael Key of Comedy Central’s “Key and Peele” will join Brad Morris in USA Network’s untitled comedy pilot starring Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The single-camera, semi-autobiographical comedy revolves around a single parent, Maggie (Parham), who asks her single and career-minded best friend Emma (St. Clair) to raise her new baby; it follows the two best friends, who reunite just when they need each other the most.
Key will play Mark, a cop in Emma and Maggie’s small town who has some resentment toward Emma because she turned down his proposal when they were 23 and split the following day.
Morris, whose credits include episodes of “Modern Family” and “Cougar Town,” will play Bruce, Maggie’s husband, who is caught having online sex during her baby shower.
It’s unclear whether Key will remain on board with the comedy should it move forward, given his commitments to “Key and Peele,” which was renewed in November for a third season.
Parham and St. Clair — who created and starred in NBC’s short-lived comedy “BFF” — penned the script and will executive produce the Universal Cable Productions and American Work production alongside Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here