*La Toya Jackson is firing back at a New York Post article that called her relationship with Michael Jackson’s three children “false” and “derogatory.”
On Sunday, the publication reported that the 56-year-old had quietly begun to profit on the showbiz ambitions of the late singer’s children, signing them as the only clients of her Ja-Tail Enterprises talent agency and collecting a 15% commission on Paris Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson’s respective deals.
While Paris recently signed a movie deal that will have her shooting in London this year, Prince Michael has been named a correspondent on “Entertainment Tonight” and will make his acting debut on The CW’s recently canceled “90210.”
The article labeled La Toya as a “gold-digging diva” and claimed that she “pounced” while the rest of the family was engaged in a bizarre feud last summer.
It also was reported that La Toya, currently on NBC’s “All Star Celebrity Apprentice,” is in the process of shopping a Jackson family reality series and that Oprah Winfrey’s OWN was thought to be the front-runner in a $10 million bidding war.
Below is La Toya’s response in full, submitted to The Hollywood Reporter by publicist Juliette Harris:
“The story in The NY Post is completely and unequivocally false. Neither La Toya nor her company represent any of MJ’s children in any legal capacity nor has she received any commissions or payment as a result of their individual ventures. As a loving Aunt, when the children ask for help or advice she supports them 100%, and will continue to do so.
Furthermore, there is no shopping of a reality show for the children. Paris did her movie deal over a year ago directly with the production company and La Toya had nothing to do with it. Over the past year, Prince has continuously asked his Aunt for her help in starting his career because of the infrastructure she has. When she asked her nephew what he wanted for his birthday he replied, “He just wanted to work,” It was at the time that she diligently started to assist him with his career and that’s when Entertainment Tonight was booked and then 90210.
La Toya is currently consulting with her attorneys on how to proceed against these false and derogatory statements made by The NY Post and other participating publications.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here