*Marriage is not easy, and celebrities aren’t exempt from that truth.
LaLa Anthony admitted though Carmelo Anthony and her have loved each other for 10 years, the two have had their ups and downs.
“If anyone says in 10 years you don’t go through ups and downs, they’re lying to you. We’re in a real relationship. We have our ups and we have our downs, but we definitely work through them, and we’re great right now,” LaLa told “Access Hollywood” in response to rumors that she and Carmelo have been having marital problems.
Since Carmelo was traded to the New York Knicks, things have changed. But the couple stays strong. “I think a lot of the changes also happened when he got traded to New York. Now, you’re in New York City. It’s a huge city. Everybody wants him. He’s getting pulled in a million directions,” said LaLa found herself equally busy.
She added that her career has certainly blossomed while in New York. While they are both busy, making time for one another is a priority.
Lala also addressed the on-court incident between Carmelo and Kevin Garnett (Boston Celtics). Kevin famously said that LaLa tasted like “Honey Nut Cheerios” in a game against Carmelo, who didn’t appreciate the comment and had words with Garnett after the game.
“A woman always wants her man to stick up for her, but not in the sense to where he gets in trouble… They did talk it out and everything was fine,” said LaLa. “I didn’t take it personally. I know things are said in the heat of battle. I’m just glad they were able to work through that.”
For more, check out the full interview, here.
Meanwhile, in the clip below, Lala talks about her son:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here