*Yahoo is getting into the concert touring business.
The Internet giant has announced a 21-date “Yahoo! on the Road” tour, to feature Jay-Z and Kendrick Lamar, as well as J. Cole, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and special guests Justin Timberlake, Frank Ocean and Trey Songz.
Announcing the tour at South by Southwest’s Interactive portion in Austin, Yahoo said attendees can expect “a daily mobile entertainment and innovation festival this spring/summer featuring the world’s hottest bands, comedians and surprise guests.”
Its website says the fest will boast “32 performers, 10 comedians and one yodeler.”
The tour will feature 14 stateside shows, starting May 3 in New York City and ending May 31 in San Francisco, and seven European dates from Berlin to London through the summer. The London finale coincides with the annual Yahoo Wireless Festival, which Jay-Z and Timberlake will co-headline.
Although lineups have not been announced for individual shows yet, this news comes just as a collaboration between Jay-Z and Lamar was teased, also at SXSW, on a remix for the latter’s track “B*tch Don’t Kill My Vibe.” During a DJ set, Jay-Z’s friend and engineer Young Guru previewed the track, pulling it off before its end and telling the crowd, “Y’all might have to wait.”
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here