*Yahoo is getting into the concert touring business.
The Internet giant has announced a 21-date “Yahoo! on the Road” tour, to feature Jay-Z and Kendrick Lamar, as well as J. Cole, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and special guests Justin Timberlake, Frank Ocean and Trey Songz.
Announcing the tour at South by Southwest’s Interactive portion in Austin, Yahoo said attendees can expect “a daily mobile entertainment and innovation festival this spring/summer featuring the world’s hottest bands, comedians and surprise guests.”
Its website says the fest will boast “32 performers, 10 comedians and one yodeler.”
The tour will feature 14 stateside shows, starting May 3 in New York City and ending May 31 in San Francisco, and seven European dates from Berlin to London through the summer. The London finale coincides with the annual Yahoo Wireless Festival, which Jay-Z and Timberlake will co-headline.
Although lineups have not been announced for individual shows yet, this news comes just as a collaboration between Jay-Z and Lamar was teased, also at SXSW, on a remix for the latter’s track “B*tch Don’t Kill My Vibe.” During a DJ set, Jay-Z’s friend and engineer Young Guru previewed the track, pulling it off before its end and telling the crowd, “Y’all might have to wait.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here