*Yahoo is getting into the concert touring business.
The Internet giant has announced a 21-date “Yahoo! on the Road” tour, to feature Jay-Z and Kendrick Lamar, as well as J. Cole, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and special guests Justin Timberlake, Frank Ocean and Trey Songz.
Announcing the tour at South by Southwest’s Interactive portion in Austin, Yahoo said attendees can expect “a daily mobile entertainment and innovation festival this spring/summer featuring the world’s hottest bands, comedians and surprise guests.”
Its website says the fest will boast “32 performers, 10 comedians and one yodeler.”
The tour will feature 14 stateside shows, starting May 3 in New York City and ending May 31 in San Francisco, and seven European dates from Berlin to London through the summer. The London finale coincides with the annual Yahoo Wireless Festival, which Jay-Z and Timberlake will co-headline.
Although lineups have not been announced for individual shows yet, this news comes just as a collaboration between Jay-Z and Lamar was teased, also at SXSW, on a remix for the latter’s track “B*tch Don’t Kill My Vibe.” During a DJ set, Jay-Z’s friend and engineer Young Guru previewed the track, pulling it off before its end and telling the crowd, “Y’all might have to wait.”
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here