*On Thursday, Lil Wayne put all the rumors surrounding his recent health scares to rest when he revealed that he suffers from epilepsy.
Weezy called into Power 106 in Los Angeles on Thursday and spoke with DJ Felli Fel about a number of topics, including his recent hospitalization on March 12. Initial reports had the rapper on his death bed, being prepared for his last rites and having his stomach pumped multiple times due to high amounts of codeine in his system. It was suggested that Wayne’s seizures were a result of a syrup addiction, but Wayne says that’s not the case.
“The thing is, man, the bad news is, I’m an epileptic, so I’m prone to seizures,” he said. “This isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures; y’all just never hear about it. This time it got real bad because I got three of ’em in a row, and on the third one, my heart rate went down to, like, 30 percent. Basically, I could’ve died soon. That’s why it was so serious.
“The reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest and overworking myself. That’s typical me, though,” he continued.
Wayne didn’t exactly deny the “last rites” reports that originated from TMZ but suggested that the popular site was lying. Still, he says he holds no ill will. “I can’t be upset at that. I get upset at my kids when they do things that I tell ’em not to do; I can’t get upset at TMZ for doing what they do,” he said with a slight chuckle. “The truth isn’t good enough for them, so they gotta twist everything up.”
Tunechi also spoke about his new CD, “I Am Not a Human Being II,” which hit stores Tuesday, and commented on MTV News’ “Hottest MCs in the Game VIII” and the fact that he didn’t make the top 10 list.
“I didn’t even check the top 10 list, but I’m glad I didn’t make it either,” he said, before busting out in laughter. “I probably pissed some people off at MTV or somethin’, I dunno.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here