*Marvin Gaye’s ex-wife is reportedly urging Jesse L. Martin to follow in Lenny Kravitz’s footsteps by quitting an upcoming movie about her late husband.
Janis Hunter, who was married to the singer from 1977 to 1981, is said to be furious about plans to document Gaye’s life in a new biopic called “Sexual Healing,” which will be directed by British filmmaker Julien Temple.
Kravitz recently quit the lead role and was replaced by the former “Law & Order” star, who had previously been attached to the project in its early stages. Now, Hunter wants Martin to also walk away.
“Ultimately, I think it was Lenny’s heart and soul and conscience that caused him to step away,” she tells the New York Daily News. “Hopefully, that touches Jesse in the same way.”
Hunter is also angry about a play called “My Brother Marvin,” based on the book of the same name by the singer’s sister Zeola Gaye, which is currently touring the U.S.
She adds, “I don’t think Marvin is a very happy spirit right now. This is the last thing he would want to have happen…
“I haven’t read the script (of the play), but it’s supposed to be based on (Zeola Gaye’s) book and I did read the book from cover to cover, and it was very difficult to read.”
Marvin Gaye was shot dead by his father during an altercation in 1984.
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here