*Marvin Gaye’s ex-wife is reportedly urging Jesse L. Martin to follow in Lenny Kravitz’s footsteps by quitting an upcoming movie about her late husband.
Janis Hunter, who was married to the singer from 1977 to 1981, is said to be furious about plans to document Gaye’s life in a new biopic called “Sexual Healing,” which will be directed by British filmmaker Julien Temple.
Kravitz recently quit the lead role and was replaced by the former “Law & Order” star, who had previously been attached to the project in its early stages. Now, Hunter wants Martin to also walk away.
“Ultimately, I think it was Lenny’s heart and soul and conscience that caused him to step away,” she tells the New York Daily News. “Hopefully, that touches Jesse in the same way.”
Hunter is also angry about a play called “My Brother Marvin,” based on the book of the same name by the singer’s sister Zeola Gaye, which is currently touring the U.S.
She adds, “I don’t think Marvin is a very happy spirit right now. This is the last thing he would want to have happen…
“I haven’t read the script (of the play), but it’s supposed to be based on (Zeola Gaye’s) book and I did read the book from cover to cover, and it was very difficult to read.”
Marvin Gaye was shot dead by his father during an altercation in 1984.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here