*Seems Bey’s daddy got uncharacteristically chatty with “The Sun” recently.
Mathew Knowles, the usually-stoic-when-it-comes-to-Beyoncé-matters opened up the British news outlet about the parting between him and his ridiculously famous daughter, when she decided it was time to look out for “Me, Myself and I.”
“I’ve never revealed this much in an interview before,” he said. “Normally I hate to talk about anything personal, but it would be a lie if I did not say it has been difficult.”
After years of shaping Beyoncé’s career it was hard for him to relinquish that power to her. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the dismissal, Mathew insists that he wasn’t unceremoniously fired and that it was a mutual decision.
“It was hard for me to let her go — it was hard for both of us to let each other go,” Mathew stated. “And let’s be clear on that. She didn’t let me go, we both let each other go. That’s a big difference.”
The Sun says the complete interview will be in this Sunday’s edition.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here