*It is official. By his own account, Michael Baisden has been kicked off the air and locked out of the studio.
According to the radio host’s Facebook page, he and his staff were locked out of Cumulus Studios apparently because the show and the studio didn’t come up with a contractual agreement.
He stated “just because we couldn’t come to an agreement is no reason to drive the listeners, our affiliates, and our advertisers of only 9 days to say goodbye and show our appreciation.”
So for now, only pre-recorded shows will be aired until further notice.
At this point, the details are scant, but given the abrupt nature of the change, it’s possible Michael had some serious tension with Cumulus for a little while.
If you’re wondering what Cumulus Media and ABC Radio have to say about the situation, as of this posting, they haven’t commented. However,Kevin Ross’ Radio Facts reported that that Cumulus was upset that Baisden announced his departure before final negotiations. The site did not name a source or the reasons for ending of the show.
Julyn would have marked the 10 year anniversary of the Michael Baisden show.
Meanwhile, Baisden has yet to announce his next move.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here