*It is official. By his own account, Michael Baisden has been kicked off the air and locked out of the studio.
According to the radio host’s Facebook page, he and his staff were locked out of Cumulus Studios apparently because the show and the studio didn’t come up with a contractual agreement.
He stated “just because we couldn’t come to an agreement is no reason to drive the listeners, our affiliates, and our advertisers of only 9 days to say goodbye and show our appreciation.”
So for now, only pre-recorded shows will be aired until further notice.
At this point, the details are scant, but given the abrupt nature of the change, it’s possible Michael had some serious tension with Cumulus for a little while.
If you’re wondering what Cumulus Media and ABC Radio have to say about the situation, as of this posting, they haven’t commented. However,Kevin Ross’ Radio Facts reported that that Cumulus was upset that Baisden announced his departure before final negotiations. The site did not name a source or the reasons for ending of the show.
Julyn would have marked the 10 year anniversary of the Michael Baisden show.
Meanwhile, Baisden has yet to announce his next move.
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here