*It is official. By his own account, Michael Baisden has been kicked off the air and locked out of the studio.
According to the radio host’s Facebook page, he and his staff were locked out of Cumulus Studios apparently because the show and the studio didn’t come up with a contractual agreement.
He stated “just because we couldn’t come to an agreement is no reason to drive the listeners, our affiliates, and our advertisers of only 9 days to say goodbye and show our appreciation.”
So for now, only pre-recorded shows will be aired until further notice.
At this point, the details are scant, but given the abrupt nature of the change, it’s possible Michael had some serious tension with Cumulus for a little while.
If you’re wondering what Cumulus Media and ABC Radio have to say about the situation, as of this posting, they haven’t commented. However,Kevin Ross’ Radio Facts reported that that Cumulus was upset that Baisden announced his departure before final negotiations. The site did not name a source or the reasons for ending of the show.
Julyn would have marked the 10 year anniversary of the Michael Baisden show.
Meanwhile, Baisden has yet to announce his next move.
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here