Jordan’s camp is asking a Georgia court to dismiss the paternity suit filed against the NBA hall of famer that claims he is the father of her 16-year-old son.
Nope, the six-time NBA champion is not having it. His lawyer, John Mayoue said in the document filed Monday in Fulton County Superior Court that Jordan is not the father of Pamela Y. Smith’s son. She is also accused of making false claims against the former NBA star.
The NBA’s Charlotte Bobcats majority owner said the paternity of the teen has already been “conclusively established” in divorce filings between Smith and her ex-husband.
Jordan, 50, released a statement to The Associated Press on Monday through his spokeswoman Estee Portnoy saying, “Public records show that the paternity of the child was established in a prior case in this same court many years ago and that Michael Jordan is not the father. He also filed a counterclaim seeking sanctions for the false claims made against him. It is unfortunate that well-known figures are the target of these kind of claims. Michael Jordan will vigorously defend himself and his reputation.”
Jordan’s response to Smith’s Feb. 6 lawsuit said her suit is a “shameless, bad faith attempt to abuse the legal system.”
Smith’s lawsuit requests Jordan take a paternity test and pay child support. She also requested the boy’s last name be changed to Jordan, and for a judge to order the Georgia Department of Vital Records to issue him a new birth certificate.
The lawsuit requests that any hearing or trial be conducted in closed court to protect the teen’s privacy.
However, Smith’s publicist acknowledged that the teen posted a video to YouTube on Dec. 25, saying Jordan is his father and that he wants him to play a larger role in his life.
“Pamela had no choice but to support her son and his desire to forge a relationship with his father,” Smith’s publicist, April Love, said in a statement Friday. “That’s why she is now speaking out and prompting Michael to do the right thing.”
Love said Smith, 48, and Jordan met in Chicago in the late 1980s.
Interestingly Smith doesn’t have an attorney and a court date of March 12 has been set. We kinda think we know how this is going to end already. What do you think?
Get more of this story at ABC7/Chicago.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here