*It’s still a wonder why Michael Vick is still making headlines about dogs.
But in the latest Vick/dog news, the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback apparently owns a young Belgian Malinois, a type of Shepherd.
A CrossingBoard.com source confirmed a Vick sighting at a New Jersey PetSmart, where the family and a bodyguard shopped for their little doggy and signed up for six training classes.
Check out the pics:
According to a TMZ report, Vick’s new dog is the worst possible breed HE could have chosen … and that’s from the official organization that breeds the dog.
The American Belgian Malinois Club and Rescue tells TMZ, the group is very concerned that Vick is allowed to own ANY dog, but the Belgian Malinois is especially problematic. The breed is highly trainable and they could easily become dangerous if they land in the wrong hands.
Vick, as you know, ended up training pit bulls to fight and kill.
Belgian Malinois — which are frequently used by the military and police — have the same fighting potential as pit bulls.
Although the organization thinks dogs should be off-limits in the Vick household, they believe a more docile pooch — like a lab — would be way more appropriate.
But what’s done is done … and the ABMC wants to help Vick properly train the dog. The rep says the org. is willing to help Vick find a good trainer for the dog and educate him on Belgian Malinois so he can “learn and love the breed.”
Hello ABMC, you’re on the late freight. Michael Vick, as our story above says, already began training classes. And we just don’t believe that with as much attention he will be getting, he would even think about harming the dog. He’s not that stupid.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Derek Fisher Fired As Head Coach of the Knicks
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here