*Though Chicago’s violence has peaked and the future of the city seems hopeless to some, there’s always a little glimmer of light peaking through the cracked haze of shadowy darkness.
First lady Michelle Obama will be going home to join the mayor of Chicago for a community gathering of leaders to focus on youth empowerment.
Obama will be addressing the collection in hopes of inspiring new opportunities for young people.
The meeting, called the “Joint Luncheon Meeting: Working Together to Address Youth Violence in Chicago,” will be held on Wednesday, April 10, and hosted by Mayor Emanuel at the Grand Ballroom of the Hilton Chicago.
The first lady also plans to garner support from local business leaders to help expand the community’s development, especially in staggered areas like the west and south sides, which are primarily populated by African Americans and Hispanics.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here