*Though Chicago’s violence has peaked and the future of the city seems hopeless to some, there’s always a little glimmer of light peaking through the cracked haze of shadowy darkness.
First lady Michelle Obama will be going home to join the mayor of Chicago for a community gathering of leaders to focus on youth empowerment.
Obama will be addressing the collection in hopes of inspiring new opportunities for young people.
The meeting, called the “Joint Luncheon Meeting: Working Together to Address Youth Violence in Chicago,” will be held on Wednesday, April 10, and hosted by Mayor Emanuel at the Grand Ballroom of the Hilton Chicago.
The first lady also plans to garner support from local business leaders to help expand the community’s development, especially in staggered areas like the west and south sides, which are primarily populated by African Americans and Hispanics.
- Raven-Symoné Co-signs Oprah: 'Black Twitter Hates Me'
- Walmart Denies Customer Confederate Flag Cake, OK's ISIS Cake in Error (Video)
- Michael Sam Ends Six-Month Engagement With Fiancé
- 'UnSung Revisited' Debuts Tonight with Full Force & Paul Anthony
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here