*Though Chicago’s violence has peaked and the future of the city seems hopeless to some, there’s always a little glimmer of light peaking through the cracked haze of shadowy darkness.
First lady Michelle Obama will be going home to join the mayor of Chicago for a community gathering of leaders to focus on youth empowerment.
Obama will be addressing the collection in hopes of inspiring new opportunities for young people.
The meeting, called the “Joint Luncheon Meeting: Working Together to Address Youth Violence in Chicago,” will be held on Wednesday, April 10, and hosted by Mayor Emanuel at the Grand Ballroom of the Hilton Chicago.
The first lady also plans to garner support from local business leaders to help expand the community’s development, especially in staggered areas like the west and south sides, which are primarily populated by African Americans and Hispanics.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here