*Our first lady has just scored another first.
Michelle Obama has topped the first ever best dressed list from UK’s Sunday Times newspaper, with editors commending her for using fashion as a “force for good.”
The Sunday Times Style magazine described Michelle, 49, as “understanding that, as her primary role as first lady is visual, fashion can be a force for good used to inspire and entertain.”
Other names on the list included Queen Elizabeth, Home Secretary Theresa May, Victoria Beckham, artist Grayson Perry’s drag alter-ego “Claire,” 6-year-old Shiloh Jolie-Pitt and actress Dame Helen Mirren.
Tiffanie Darke, the Sunday Times Style magazine’s editor, said: ”The diverse nature of this list demonstrates the importance of fashion in the overall conversation, confirming the role clothes play in creating a visual manifesto.”
Meanwhile, singer Lady GaGa earned the dubious distinction of being named Worst Dressed by the magazine’s editors and contributors.
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here