*Back in 2001, MTV News’ Sway Calloway went to Kanye West’s house to hear some beats, but what he came away with was a 36-inch Sharp brand television set that has had the hip-hop universe buzzing for the past 24 hours.
Kanye first referenced the TV on Tuesday during a call to Hot 97’s DJ Enuff. Bothered over his placement at #7 on MTV News’ “Hottest MCs in the Game VIII” list, ‘Ye called his longtime friend to weigh in on the list and in the process, made a revelation about giving Sway “his first TV.”
“I didn’t want to even call to talk about this #7 list, I just wanted to tell everybody I gave Sway his first TV — and he need to remember that,” West said before he hung up the phone.
Well, “Hottest MCs” moderator Sway definitely remembered. And on Wednesday (March 6), he welcomed the set he comically dubbed “Sharpeezy” to “RapFix Live” to share its Newark, Jew Jersey, beginnings.
“Kanye, first of all, is one of the most talented visionaries we have in this business,” Sway told viewers, “so him inviting me to see his house, of course I did it.”
After a hang-out session, Sway made his way to West’s bathroom when, to his surprise, he found a TV in an odd spot. “When I opened the bathroom door — which was probably the size of a closet, the first thing I saw was this hunk of a TV sitting in Kanye West’s sink. I thought it was abstract art,” Sway chuckled.
Feeling curious, the Shade 45 radio host inquired about it, to which Kanye responded: “Yo, dawg, it’s 36 inches. This TV is too small to put in my living room. It’s embarrassing, so I hide it in my sink.”
According to Sway, West planned to toss the television in the garbage so he decided to take it off his hands. “We took the TV to my car. I went home and the rest was history,” Calloway said during the live MTV Jams broadcast.
It didn’t take long before Sway noticed something was missing though. “When I got home I realized he didn’t give me the remote,” he recalled, before looking into the camera and addressing Kanye directly. “So dude, you owe me a remote.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here