*“Charlie’s Angels” alum Annie Ilonzeh has joined the cast of NBC’s “Hatfields & McCoys,” a drama pilot produced by actress Charlize Theron, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Set in present-day Pittsburgh, a startling death reignites the feud between these two legendary families. Unleashing decades of resentment, the blue-collar McCoys will put the Hatfields’ wealth and power at risk as they go to war for control of the city.
Ilonzeh, who played one of three Angels in the short-lived ABC adaptation, will play Shannon Hatfield, the daughter to Rebecca De Mornay’s Mary Hatfield. Shannon is the love of Patrick McCoy’s (Jesse Lee Soffer) life but there’s just one problem — she’s a Hatfield, though not by birth.
Shannon is willing to quit her law firm job and leave her adopted family behind to run off with Patrick and get married. When Gable McCoy is murdered and Shannon’s brother, Randall (Nick Westrate) becomes a suspect, he may need a defense attorney.
Virginia Madsen will play Eloise McCoy, the vengeful and calculated head of the rival family, who, after her husband is murdered, manipulates her son, Patrick, into staying to take revenge on the Hatfields. “One Tree Hill’s” Sophia Bush will play her daughter, Emma McCoy, the family’s highest hope and eldest sibling. Patrick Flueger will play her brother, Jack McCoy.
In addition to “Charlie’s Angels,” Illonzeh’s credits include ABC Family’s “Switched at Birth” and the CW’s rookie hit “Arrow.”
She becomes the latest “Angels” actor to book a pilot this season. Ramon Rodriguez (Bosley) will star in Fox’s “Gang Related,” while Rachael Taylor (Abby) is set as a co-lead on NBC’s untitled Rand Ravich drama.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here