*With a new week comes a new round of film and TV castings. The latest involves Dennis Haysbert, Omar Sy and Tongayi Chirisa.
Dennis Haysbert, who starred in the CBS military drama “The Unit,” is reuniting with the network and “The Unit” producer 20th Century Fox TV with a co-starring role in the CBS/20th TV drama pilot “Backstrom.” Based on the Swedish book series, the project centers on Everett Backstrom, an overweight, offensive, irascible detective as he tries, and fails, to change his self-destructive behavior. Haysbert plays John Almond, one of the detectives working with Backstrom.
Director Bryan Singer tweeted that “the brilliant” Omar Sy of the French film “The Intouchables” has joined the cast of 20th Century Fox’s “X-Men: Days Of Future Past.” Other castings for the follow-up to “X-Men: First Class” include Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore and Hugh Jackman. Deadline also recently reported that Singer was keen on adding Peter Dinklage for a key role. Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart and Halle Berry will return as Magneto, Professor Xavier and Storm.
Tongayi Chirisa (NBC’s “Crusoe”) has been cast as Father Nicholas Ngungumbane in CBS’ Jim Gaffigan comedy pilot. Written by Gaffigan and Peter Tolan, the project centers on Jim (Gaffigan) a guy who lives with his wife Jeannie (Mira Sorvino) and five kids in a 2-bedroom New York apartment. Father Ngungumbane is Catholic priest from Zimbabwe, recently relocated to New York and thrilled to be living in the United States, who tries to convince Jim to come to church more often.
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here