*Congratulations to Nina Shaw. The Beverly Hills Bar Association will honor the legal star with its 2013 Entertainment Lawyer of the Year award next month, reports Deadline.com.
Among Shaw’s various clients are Oscar winner Jamie Foxx, James Earl Jones, newly named “Who Wants To Be a Millionaire” host Cedric the Entertainer and “America’s Got Talent” host Nick Cannon.
A founding partner at Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka, Finkelstein & Lezcano, the lawyer has specialized in the areas of television, motion picture and live stage for almost 20 years.
Shaw is to be given the award by the Entertainment Law Section of the BHBA at its annual Beverly Hills Hotel dinner on April 16.
“The Beverly Hills Bar Association recognizes Nina Shaw for her groundbreaking work in the field of entertainment law and her strategic focus on ever-evolving technology in entertainment and its far-reaching impact on the industry, as well as for her dedication to her clients and commitment to fair play in a notoriously competitive field, said BHBA Entertainment Law Section Chair Adam Siegler in a statement.
A graduate of Barnard College and Columbia Law School, Shaw began her career in the Entertainment Department of O’Melveny & Myers. Established in 1931, the Beverly Hills Bar Association is the fifth largest bar association in California with more than 5,500 members.
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here