The two met for the first time at the pre-Oscar party, Women in Film luncheon. Since then, Octavia has adopted the young actress as her own mentee.
“I told Quvenzhané that no matter what anybody tries to tell you, or who they want you to be, always be yourself,” Octavia told Page Six. “I told her she has a long career ahead of her and she has to stay true to herself.”At only 9 years old, the rising star has wowed audiences with her stunning performance as “Hushpuppy” in “Beasts of the Southern Wild.”
“I was blown away by her talent,” Octavia gushed. “I felt like we are looking at the next young star, the next Harry Potter.”
Q is already in line for her next big flick as “Annie” in the Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z production.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain Tells Larry King Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here