The two met for the first time at the pre-Oscar party, Women in Film luncheon. Since then, Octavia has adopted the young actress as her own mentee.
“I told Quvenzhané that no matter what anybody tries to tell you, or who they want you to be, always be yourself,” Octavia told Page Six. “I told her she has a long career ahead of her and she has to stay true to herself.”At only 9 years old, the rising star has wowed audiences with her stunning performance as “Hushpuppy” in “Beasts of the Southern Wild.”
“I was blown away by her talent,” Octavia gushed. “I felt like we are looking at the next young star, the next Harry Potter.”
Q is already in line for her next big flick as “Annie” in the Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z production.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here