The two met for the first time at the pre-Oscar party, Women in Film luncheon. Since then, Octavia has adopted the young actress as her own mentee.
“I told Quvenzhané that no matter what anybody tries to tell you, or who they want you to be, always be yourself,” Octavia told Page Six. “I told her she has a long career ahead of her and she has to stay true to herself.”At only 9 years old, the rising star has wowed audiences with her stunning performance as “Hushpuppy” in “Beasts of the Southern Wild.”
“I was blown away by her talent,” Octavia gushed. “I felt like we are looking at the next young star, the next Harry Potter.”
Q is already in line for her next big flick as “Annie” in the Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z production.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here