The two met for the first time at the pre-Oscar party, Women in Film luncheon. Since then, Octavia has adopted the young actress as her own mentee.
“I told Quvenzhané that no matter what anybody tries to tell you, or who they want you to be, always be yourself,” Octavia told Page Six. “I told her she has a long career ahead of her and she has to stay true to herself.”At only 9 years old, the rising star has wowed audiences with her stunning performance as “Hushpuppy” in “Beasts of the Southern Wild.”
“I was blown away by her talent,” Octavia gushed. “I felt like we are looking at the next young star, the next Harry Potter.”
Q is already in line for her next big flick as “Annie” in the Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z production.
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here