The two met for the first time at the pre-Oscar party, Women in Film luncheon. Since then, Octavia has adopted the young actress as her own mentee.
“I told Quvenzhané that no matter what anybody tries to tell you, or who they want you to be, always be yourself,” Octavia told Page Six. “I told her she has a long career ahead of her and she has to stay true to herself.”At only 9 years old, the rising star has wowed audiences with her stunning performance as “Hushpuppy” in “Beasts of the Southern Wild.”
“I was blown away by her talent,” Octavia gushed. “I felt like we are looking at the next young star, the next Harry Potter.”
Q is already in line for her next big flick as “Annie” in the Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith and Jay-Z production.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here