*Oklahoma saw its first governmental upset with the victory that J.C. Watts experienced as representative for the fourth district of Oklahoma in 1994.
When he was elected in 1998, to serve as chairman of the Republican Conference, he provided daily counsel to the Speaker of the House, and participated in bi-weekly meetings with the President of the United States.
But according to the Daily Caller, there’s a new sheriff in town. Tahrohon Wayne Shannon, 34, has become Oklahoma’s first African American Speaker of the House.
He’s not only their first, but youngest ever, and the “first African American Republican speaker in the country since Reconstruction, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.” (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here