*Oklahoma saw its first governmental upset with the victory that J.C. Watts experienced as representative for the fourth district of Oklahoma in 1994.
When he was elected in 1998, to serve as chairman of the Republican Conference, he provided daily counsel to the Speaker of the House, and participated in bi-weekly meetings with the President of the United States.
But according to the Daily Caller, there’s a new sheriff in town. Tahrohon Wayne Shannon, 34, has become Oklahoma’s first African American Speaker of the House.
He’s not only their first, but youngest ever, and the “first African American Republican speaker in the country since Reconstruction, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.” (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here