*Oklahoma saw its first governmental upset with the victory that J.C. Watts experienced as representative for the fourth district of Oklahoma in 1994.
When he was elected in 1998, to serve as chairman of the Republican Conference, he provided daily counsel to the Speaker of the House, and participated in bi-weekly meetings with the President of the United States.
But according to the Daily Caller, there’s a new sheriff in town. Tahrohon Wayne Shannon, 34, has become Oklahoma’s first African American Speaker of the House.
He’s not only their first, but youngest ever, and the “first African American Republican speaker in the country since Reconstruction, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.” (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here