*Oprah Winfrey has been chosen to deliver the commencement address at Harvard University’s 362nd graduation ceremony, to take place on May 30, 2013.
In a statement to the Harvard Gazette, Harvard president Drew Faust said that Oprah’s journey is one of the “great American success stories.” She added, “She has used her extraordinary influence and reach as a force for good in the world, with a constant focus on the importance of educational opportunity and the virtues of serving others.”
Winfrey appeared at Harvard in February of last year when she interviewed Lady Gaga about the launch of The Born This Way Foundation at the university’s Sanders Theater.
Oprah has previously delivered a commencement address at Stanford University when her goddaughter, Kirby Bumpus – daughter of best friend Gayle King – graduated in June 2008.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here