*Oprah Winfrey has not budged from the perch of Forbes’ list of most influential celebrities in America.
According to E-Poll Research, 48% of people surveyed rate the TV titan as influential. That’s down only one point from last year when she also topped the list of Most Influential Celebrities.
Ratings at Oprah’s OWN network are starting to creep up thanks to big “get” interviews like Lance Armstrong, which drew 28 million viewers around the world. Prime-time ratings at the network are up 17% already this year, according to Nielsen.
Winfrey’s protégé, Dr. Mehmet Oz, ranks sixth on our list with a 40% influential rating.
E-Poll Chief Executive Gerry Philpott says the term “influential” can mean different things to different people, but most of the time it speaks to someone’s impact on the culture. It’s not always a sign that the celebrity is well-liked.
For example…Donald Trump, who just misses the top 10 with a 35% influential rating, was only rated likeable by 15% of the people polled. His most notable attribute: rudeness.
Steven Spielberg ranks second on the list with an influential rating of 47%. How can a movie director be considered so influential? “To this day, ask anyone what they think about before going in the ocean,” says Philpott (referencing Spielberg’s 1975 film Jaws).
Spielberg is just one of four directors in the top five. The others are Martin Scorsese (third), Ron Howard (fourth) and George Lucas (fifth).
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here