*Oprah Winfrey has not budged from the perch of Forbes’ list of most influential celebrities in America.
According to E-Poll Research, 48% of people surveyed rate the TV titan as influential. That’s down only one point from last year when she also topped the list of Most Influential Celebrities.
Ratings at Oprah’s OWN network are starting to creep up thanks to big “get” interviews like Lance Armstrong, which drew 28 million viewers around the world. Prime-time ratings at the network are up 17% already this year, according to Nielsen.
Winfrey’s protégé, Dr. Mehmet Oz, ranks sixth on our list with a 40% influential rating.
E-Poll Chief Executive Gerry Philpott says the term “influential” can mean different things to different people, but most of the time it speaks to someone’s impact on the culture. It’s not always a sign that the celebrity is well-liked.
For example…Donald Trump, who just misses the top 10 with a 35% influential rating, was only rated likeable by 15% of the people polled. His most notable attribute: rudeness.
Steven Spielberg ranks second on the list with an influential rating of 47%. How can a movie director be considered so influential? “To this day, ask anyone what they think about before going in the ocean,” says Philpott (referencing Spielberg’s 1975 film Jaws).
Spielberg is just one of four directors in the top five. The others are Martin Scorsese (third), Ron Howard (fourth) and George Lucas (fifth).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here