*“Southland” star Regina King has joined ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot “Divorce: A Love Story,” from Sony TV and ABC Studios.
The show, based on an Israeli format, centers on Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives.
King will play Cassandra, a diva dental hygienist and wife of Ike, Kenny’s neurotic best friend and co-worker (Adam Goldberg).
According to Deadline.com, King’s casting is in “second position” to “Southland,” meaning it will happen only if “Southland” is cancelled. The critically praised cop show, currently in its fifth season, has never been a big ratings performer and is again on the bubble, but it has been a prestige series for TNT, which has not made a decision on its future.
However, its prospects don’t look good, and three key cast members, King, Ben McKenzie and Shawn Hatosy, all have booked broadcast pilots in second position.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here