*“Southland” star Regina King has joined ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot “Divorce: A Love Story,” from Sony TV and ABC Studios.
The show, based on an Israeli format, centers on Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives.
King will play Cassandra, a diva dental hygienist and wife of Ike, Kenny’s neurotic best friend and co-worker (Adam Goldberg).
According to Deadline.com, King’s casting is in “second position” to “Southland,” meaning it will happen only if “Southland” is cancelled. The critically praised cop show, currently in its fifth season, has never been a big ratings performer and is again on the bubble, but it has been a prestige series for TNT, which has not made a decision on its future.
However, its prospects don’t look good, and three key cast members, King, Ben McKenzie and Shawn Hatosy, all have booked broadcast pilots in second position.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here