*“Southland” star Regina King has joined ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot “Divorce: A Love Story,” from Sony TV and ABC Studios.
The show, based on an Israeli format, centers on Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives.
King will play Cassandra, a diva dental hygienist and wife of Ike, Kenny’s neurotic best friend and co-worker (Adam Goldberg).
According to Deadline.com, King’s casting is in “second position” to “Southland,” meaning it will happen only if “Southland” is cancelled. The critically praised cop show, currently in its fifth season, has never been a big ratings performer and is again on the bubble, but it has been a prestige series for TNT, which has not made a decision on its future.
However, its prospects don’t look good, and three key cast members, King, Ben McKenzie and Shawn Hatosy, all have booked broadcast pilots in second position.
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here