*“Southland” star Regina King has joined ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot “Divorce: A Love Story,” from Sony TV and ABC Studios.
The show, based on an Israeli format, centers on Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders), a recently divorced couple who were bad together but discover they’re even worse apart and can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives.
King will play Cassandra, a diva dental hygienist and wife of Ike, Kenny’s neurotic best friend and co-worker (Adam Goldberg).
According to Deadline.com, King’s casting is in “second position” to “Southland,” meaning it will happen only if “Southland” is cancelled. The critically praised cop show, currently in its fifth season, has never been a big ratings performer and is again on the bubble, but it has been a prestige series for TNT, which has not made a decision on its future.
However, its prospects don’t look good, and three key cast members, King, Ben McKenzie and Shawn Hatosy, all have booked broadcast pilots in second position.
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here