Prior to alleged interest from Perry and his affiliates, the acreage, which is 20 miles west of downtown Atlanta, had been reserved for 1,095 houses, 325 townhouses and 14 acres of commercial space, orginal plans show.
Once the initial project stalled, and the acreage was ordered to be liquidated under the terms of bankruptcy, the property’s value, originally estimated at $20 million, dipped considerably allowing the ETPC Company to acquire it for a mere $5.4 million. ETPC Company shares the same principal office address and suite number of Tyler Perry Studios LLC and Tyler Perry Studios Casting on 10th Street in west Midtown, according to documents on the Secretary of State and Georgia Department of Economic Development websites.
Assuming that reports of his involvement have legs to stand on, Perry’s intentions, if any, for the empty land for sale haven’t been divulged. However, the land surrounding his current production studio in southwest Atlanta pales in size to the much larger chunk of space on the other side of town.
Neither Perry or his representatives have given a statement in response to the rumors. Douglas County officials have declined to comment as well.
Read/learn more at AJC.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here