The MSNBC host and activist publicly vowed to protest against the National Rifle Association after the organization’s president made some interesting comments in lieu of the Sandy Hook incident.
“We need to get a real movement against those who get rich off the perpetuation of killing,” said the civil rights leader. “The only purpose of assault weapons is for war,” Sharpton continued. “You don’t hunt with assault weapons. Nobody shoots down prey with so many bullets you couldn’t eat the prey.”
Sharpton called NRA head Wayne LaPierre’s suggestion to post an armed guard at every school in America “asinine.”
To be quite frank, this isn’t a terrible idea being that police officers are on guard at millions of high schools, junior highs, and some elementary schools across the country, particularly in the hood. So what really is Sharpton trying to do?
Anyway, it appears he’d like to do away with all guns if possible; and so with the protest, hopes to begin a movement against all weaponry in the country.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here