The MSNBC host and activist publicly vowed to protest against the National Rifle Association after the organization’s president made some interesting comments in lieu of the Sandy Hook incident.
“We need to get a real movement against those who get rich off the perpetuation of killing,” said the civil rights leader. “The only purpose of assault weapons is for war,” Sharpton continued. “You don’t hunt with assault weapons. Nobody shoots down prey with so many bullets you couldn’t eat the prey.”
Sharpton called NRA head Wayne LaPierre’s suggestion to post an armed guard at every school in America “asinine.”
To be quite frank, this isn’t a terrible idea being that police officers are on guard at millions of high schools, junior highs, and some elementary schools across the country, particularly in the hood. So what really is Sharpton trying to do?
Anyway, it appears he’d like to do away with all guns if possible; and so with the protest, hopes to begin a movement against all weaponry in the country.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here