The MSNBC host and activist publicly vowed to protest against the National Rifle Association after the organization’s president made some interesting comments in lieu of the Sandy Hook incident.
“We need to get a real movement against those who get rich off the perpetuation of killing,” said the civil rights leader. “The only purpose of assault weapons is for war,” Sharpton continued. “You don’t hunt with assault weapons. Nobody shoots down prey with so many bullets you couldn’t eat the prey.”
Sharpton called NRA head Wayne LaPierre’s suggestion to post an armed guard at every school in America “asinine.”
To be quite frank, this isn’t a terrible idea being that police officers are on guard at millions of high schools, junior highs, and some elementary schools across the country, particularly in the hood. So what really is Sharpton trying to do?
Anyway, it appears he’d like to do away with all guns if possible; and so with the protest, hopes to begin a movement against all weaponry in the country.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here