*Detroit’s new emergency manager, Kevyn Orr, hasn’t been the most popular figure of the city since his appointment to take over the finances.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson decided to join the fight in kicking him out because he says the appointment by the state is unconstitutional because it totally dismisses local control.
The state appointed Orr to fix the financially deteriorating city’s economy.
The Council of Baptist Pastors, a group of local ministers, have also spoken out against the action.
“Whatever the negative evaluation of the progress achieved by the consent agreement, we will not support a hostile takeover of the city of Detroit by the state of Michigan,” said the group’s president, Michael Andrew Owens.
Owens also mentioned that in the fragile political climate, the state’s aggressive decision is adding to the tension.
The group plans to rally on April 19.
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here