*Detroit’s new emergency manager, Kevyn Orr, hasn’t been the most popular figure of the city since his appointment to take over the finances.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson decided to join the fight in kicking him out because he says the appointment by the state is unconstitutional because it totally dismisses local control.
The state appointed Orr to fix the financially deteriorating city’s economy.
The Council of Baptist Pastors, a group of local ministers, have also spoken out against the action.
“Whatever the negative evaluation of the progress achieved by the consent agreement, we will not support a hostile takeover of the city of Detroit by the state of Michigan,” said the group’s president, Michael Andrew Owens.
Owens also mentioned that in the fragile political climate, the state’s aggressive decision is adding to the tension.
The group plans to rally on April 19.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Olatunde Osunsanmi Tackles Science Behind Fiction With Hollywood TV & Film Successes
- *The Napa Valley Wine Train Ladies Visit 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Black Owned Beauty Supply Outlet Replaces Destroyed Korean Owned Store in Ferguson
- THE (10-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here