*Earlier we reported the death of The Miracles’ Bobby Rogers at 73.
He died Sunday morning at his suburban Detroit area home in Southfield.
Via the Motown Alumni Association (MAA), we’ve received the following statements from Smokey Robinson and Claudette Robinson (the “First Lady of Motown”), who like Rogers, were founding members of The Miracles.
“Another soldier in my life has fallen. Bobby Rogers was my brother and a really good friend. He and I were born on the exact same day in the same hospital in Detroit. I am really going to miss him. I loved him very much.” — Smokey Robinson
“My cousin, Robert “Bobby” Rogers, who was like a brother to me, lost his battle and succumbed. He has gone on to be with His Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Bobby will be missed and mourned by many. Rest in peace, my brother of ‘song.’ Love you Cuz.” — Claudette
Bobby Rogers, Smokey & Claudette Robinson, Pete More and Ronald White were the original members of the Miracles.
Rogers and The Miracles were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012. He was too ill to attend the ceremony.
He shared songwriting credits with Robinson on The Temptations’ “The Way You Do the Things You Do,” The Contours’ “First I Look at the Purse” and The Miracles’ “Going to a Go-Go.”
Funeral arrangements through James H. Cole Home for Funerals in Detroit were incomplete Sunday afternoon.
Read the group’s full bio at Wikipedia.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here