*Earlier we reported the death of The Miracles’ Bobby Rogers at 73.
He died Sunday morning at his suburban Detroit area home in Southfield.
Via the Motown Alumni Association (MAA), we’ve received the following statements from Smokey Robinson and Claudette Robinson (the “First Lady of Motown”), who like Rogers, were founding members of The Miracles.
“Another soldier in my life has fallen. Bobby Rogers was my brother and a really good friend. He and I were born on the exact same day in the same hospital in Detroit. I am really going to miss him. I loved him very much.” — Smokey Robinson
“My cousin, Robert “Bobby” Rogers, who was like a brother to me, lost his battle and succumbed. He has gone on to be with His Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Bobby will be missed and mourned by many. Rest in peace, my brother of ‘song.’ Love you Cuz.” — Claudette
Bobby Rogers, Smokey & Claudette Robinson, Pete More and Ronald White were the original members of the Miracles.
Rogers and The Miracles were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012. He was too ill to attend the ceremony.
He shared songwriting credits with Robinson on The Temptations’ “The Way You Do the Things You Do,” The Contours’ “First I Look at the Purse” and The Miracles’ “Going to a Go-Go.”
Funeral arrangements through James H. Cole Home for Funerals in Detroit were incomplete Sunday afternoon.
Read the group’s full bio at Wikipedia.
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here