*Earlier we reported the death of The Miracles’ Bobby Rogers at 73.
He died Sunday morning at his suburban Detroit area home in Southfield.
Via the Motown Alumni Association (MAA), we’ve received the following statements from Smokey Robinson and Claudette Robinson (the “First Lady of Motown”), who like Rogers, were founding members of The Miracles.
“Another soldier in my life has fallen. Bobby Rogers was my brother and a really good friend. He and I were born on the exact same day in the same hospital in Detroit. I am really going to miss him. I loved him very much.” — Smokey Robinson
“My cousin, Robert “Bobby” Rogers, who was like a brother to me, lost his battle and succumbed. He has gone on to be with His Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Bobby will be missed and mourned by many. Rest in peace, my brother of ‘song.’ Love you Cuz.” — Claudette
Bobby Rogers, Smokey & Claudette Robinson, Pete More and Ronald White were the original members of the Miracles.
Rogers and The Miracles were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012. He was too ill to attend the ceremony.
He shared songwriting credits with Robinson on The Temptations’ “The Way You Do the Things You Do,” The Contours’ “First I Look at the Purse” and The Miracles’ “Going to a Go-Go.”
Funeral arrangements through James H. Cole Home for Funerals in Detroit were incomplete Sunday afternoon.
Read the group’s full bio at Wikipedia.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here