*Snoop Dogg will perform as his reggae identity Snoop Lion during SXSW with a concert March 14 at Viceland in Austin, Texas. A first for the rapper, he wishes he could reach out to a particular reggae expert for advice.
“I’m one of the greatest hip-hop performers of all time — I was groomed by the best of them,” Snoop told Billboard in anticipation of the March 15 release of “Reincarnated,” the film that documents his journey to Jamaica. “I’m missing Bob Marley. I wish he was here to show me a few tricks on what to do. … The way he held the crowd, which is what I do in rap, so I would want to know how to do it in reggae. It may be the same thing; it may be the same juices.
“Guess I’m going to have to figure that out on the flizz-i and make it work.”
Diplo and his Major Lazer team produced the album and will be on hand for the concert, which follows the late afternoon screening of the film. It opens in seven cities and will be released on DVD around the release of the album on April 23.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Free Hamburgers to Anyone Who Changes Their Last Name to 'Burger'
- Kyrie Irving Calls ‘No Black Girls Allowed’ Yacht Party Backlash ‘Ridiculous’
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here