*Snoop Dogg will perform as his reggae identity Snoop Lion during SXSW with a concert March 14 at Viceland in Austin, Texas. A first for the rapper, he wishes he could reach out to a particular reggae expert for advice.
“I’m one of the greatest hip-hop performers of all time — I was groomed by the best of them,” Snoop told Billboard in anticipation of the March 15 release of “Reincarnated,” the film that documents his journey to Jamaica. “I’m missing Bob Marley. I wish he was here to show me a few tricks on what to do. … The way he held the crowd, which is what I do in rap, so I would want to know how to do it in reggae. It may be the same thing; it may be the same juices.
“Guess I’m going to have to figure that out on the flizz-i and make it work.”
Diplo and his Major Lazer team produced the album and will be on hand for the concert, which follows the late afternoon screening of the film. It opens in seven cities and will be released on DVD around the release of the album on April 23.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- T.I. Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Female President
- Baltimore PD Can’t Find Record of Ben Carson Being Held Up at Popeyes
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams Will Face Trial in Robbery Case
- Flavor Flav Pleads Guilty Over Traffic Stop En Route to Mom’s Funeral
- Preview a Clip of Niecy Nash in Tonight's SCREAM QUEENS: 'Pumpkin Patch' - WATCH!
- First Look: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion from ‘The Wiz Live!’ (Pics)
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here