The singer’s social media pages were being flooded recently with comments about her hair.
“My hair is not very important to me…so I don’t encourage it to be important to you,” wrote Solange in a series of tweets about natural hair.
“I cut my hair ALL off 4 times in my life all for very different reasons….I only reiterate this because this is nothing new for me…This 4th time did not define me, just as it had not the previous 3 times.”
One of the comments included a link to an article that questions the natural hair trend that appears to favor celebrities with more curly hair types like Tracee Ellis Ross, rather than women who have more tightly coiled hair.
Read more about Solange Knowles’ hair issues at Essence.
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here