The singer’s social media pages were being flooded recently with comments about her hair.
“My hair is not very important to me…so I don’t encourage it to be important to you,” wrote Solange in a series of tweets about natural hair.
“I cut my hair ALL off 4 times in my life all for very different reasons….I only reiterate this because this is nothing new for me…This 4th time did not define me, just as it had not the previous 3 times.”
One of the comments included a link to an article that questions the natural hair trend that appears to favor celebrities with more curly hair types like Tracee Ellis Ross, rather than women who have more tightly coiled hair.
Read more about Solange Knowles’ hair issues at Essence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here