The singer’s social media pages were being flooded recently with comments about her hair.
“My hair is not very important to me…so I don’t encourage it to be important to you,” wrote Solange in a series of tweets about natural hair.
“I cut my hair ALL off 4 times in my life all for very different reasons….I only reiterate this because this is nothing new for me…This 4th time did not define me, just as it had not the previous 3 times.”
One of the comments included a link to an article that questions the natural hair trend that appears to favor celebrities with more curly hair types like Tracee Ellis Ross, rather than women who have more tightly coiled hair.
Read more about Solange Knowles’ hair issues at Essence.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here