The singer’s social media pages were being flooded recently with comments about her hair.
“My hair is not very important to me…so I don’t encourage it to be important to you,” wrote Solange in a series of tweets about natural hair.
“I cut my hair ALL off 4 times in my life all for very different reasons….I only reiterate this because this is nothing new for me…This 4th time did not define me, just as it had not the previous 3 times.”
One of the comments included a link to an article that questions the natural hair trend that appears to favor celebrities with more curly hair types like Tracee Ellis Ross, rather than women who have more tightly coiled hair.
Read more about Solange Knowles’ hair issues at Essence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here