The singer’s social media pages were being flooded recently with comments about her hair.
“My hair is not very important to me…so I don’t encourage it to be important to you,” wrote Solange in a series of tweets about natural hair.
“I cut my hair ALL off 4 times in my life all for very different reasons….I only reiterate this because this is nothing new for me…This 4th time did not define me, just as it had not the previous 3 times.”
One of the comments included a link to an article that questions the natural hair trend that appears to favor celebrities with more curly hair types like Tracee Ellis Ross, rather than women who have more tightly coiled hair.
Read more about Solange Knowles’ hair issues at Essence.
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here