*Sony Pictures has acquired a film based on the unlikely rise of wide receiver Jesse Holley, who entered the NFL after winning a reality show.
Holley overcame a poverty-ridden upbringing and multiple personal obstacles and went from working as a security guard to being an NFL wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys. That gridiron career started in spectacular fashion when Holley caught a 77-yard pass in overtime, in his very first game. He was dragged down at the one-yard line.
Holley played for the Cowboys and New England Patriots winning “4th and Long,” a reality series that had an invite to the Cowboys’ training camp as its grand prize.
“Jesse Holley,” the film’s working title, was sold in a pitch that will be written by Randy Brown, who scripted the Clint Eastwood-starrer “Trouble With The Curve,” and it will be produced by Neal Moritz and his Original Film banner.
Dan Lindsay & TJ Martin, who won last year’s Oscar for Best Documentary for their gridiron film “Undefeated” are attached to make their narrative debut as directors.
NFL Hall of Famer and Holley’s mentor Michael Irvin will be an executive producer, with Sony Pictures exec DeVon Franklin (husband of actress Meagan Good) set to oversee for the studio.
Watch an ESPN segment on Holley’s story below.
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here