*“Southland’ star Regina King stepped behind the camera to direct the TNT drama’s March 13 episode, reports TV Guide.
“Let’s just say I didn’t get much sleep,” said the actress, who plays Det. Lydia Adams.
The episode reconnects Detective Adams with a man she sent to death row, while Sammy (Shawn Hatosy) grapples with being a tabloid sensation and Dewey (C. Thomas Howell) gets into some serious danger.
“Everyone was really supportive,” King says of her costars. “Both Shawn Hatosy and Michael Cudlitz stayed after they wrapped and watched me shoot scenes they weren’t in. That really meant a lot to me.”
This was her first time helming an episode of “Southland,” but it wasn’t her first time in the director’s chair. She also shot the movie “Let the Church Say Amen,” due to premiere on BET later this year.
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here