*“Southland’ star Regina King stepped behind the camera to direct the TNT drama’s March 13 episode, reports TV Guide.
“Let’s just say I didn’t get much sleep,” said the actress, who plays Det. Lydia Adams.
The episode reconnects Detective Adams with a man she sent to death row, while Sammy (Shawn Hatosy) grapples with being a tabloid sensation and Dewey (C. Thomas Howell) gets into some serious danger.
“Everyone was really supportive,” King says of her costars. “Both Shawn Hatosy and Michael Cudlitz stayed after they wrapped and watched me shoot scenes they weren’t in. That really meant a lot to me.”
This was her first time helming an episode of “Southland,” but it wasn’t her first time in the director’s chair. She also shot the movie “Let the Church Say Amen,” due to premiere on BET later this year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here