*“Southland’ star Regina King stepped behind the camera to direct the TNT drama’s March 13 episode, reports TV Guide.
“Let’s just say I didn’t get much sleep,” said the actress, who plays Det. Lydia Adams.
The episode reconnects Detective Adams with a man she sent to death row, while Sammy (Shawn Hatosy) grapples with being a tabloid sensation and Dewey (C. Thomas Howell) gets into some serious danger.
“Everyone was really supportive,” King says of her costars. “Both Shawn Hatosy and Michael Cudlitz stayed after they wrapped and watched me shoot scenes they weren’t in. That really meant a lot to me.”
This was her first time helming an episode of “Southland,” but it wasn’t her first time in the director’s chair. She also shot the movie “Let the Church Say Amen,” due to premiere on BET later this year.
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here