*“Southland’ star Regina King stepped behind the camera to direct the TNT drama’s March 13 episode, reports TV Guide.
“Let’s just say I didn’t get much sleep,” said the actress, who plays Det. Lydia Adams.
The episode reconnects Detective Adams with a man she sent to death row, while Sammy (Shawn Hatosy) grapples with being a tabloid sensation and Dewey (C. Thomas Howell) gets into some serious danger.
“Everyone was really supportive,” King says of her costars. “Both Shawn Hatosy and Michael Cudlitz stayed after they wrapped and watched me shoot scenes they weren’t in. That really meant a lot to me.”
This was her first time helming an episode of “Southland,” but it wasn’t her first time in the director’s chair. She also shot the movie “Let the Church Say Amen,” due to premiere on BET later this year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here