*The son of actors Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel made his modeling debut this week in a new ‘Got Milk?’ breakfast campaign with Kellogg’s.
Three-year-old Walker Diggs joined his pops to help spread the word about child hunger within the United States and the importance of kids eating a healthy breakfast to start off their day.
“Being able to shoot the Got Milk? ad with my son was one of the better times in life just because, obviously, the ad is going to last forever,” Diggs tells People.com.
The father-son duo are featured sharing a bowl of cereal and flashing bright white smiles with milk moustaches, but the 42-year-old admits he had a tough time getting Walker to focus during the shoot.
“We had to constantly make up games and excuses just to keep him occupied,” said Diggs. “So when it seems like he’s smiling, he’s actually roaring because he wanted to be a tiger.”
In honor of National Breakfast Week, Diggs’ “Got Milk?” ad shares billing with Kellogg’s Share Breakfast hunger initiative which aims to provide more than one million breakfasts to kids in need.
“We’re dealing with childhood hunger and anything involving children means a lot to me because I have a kid,” Diggs told Parenting magazine. “We didn’t have a lot of money when I was growing up. There were days when I would go to school without having as much for breakfast as I would have liked, so I know the importance of kids getting off to a good start.”
Watch Taye Diggs in Kellogg’s “Share Breakfast” PSA below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here