“And THAT’s a Wrap! Terrence Howard and me in our goodbye ‘love scene’,” Winfrey wrote as a caption, providing no further details.
Howard, however, is now spilling the beans on how he ended up making out with O in the Lee Daniels-directed drama.
*As previously reported, the film is based on the true story of White House butler Eugene Allen, who served eight Presidents until his retirement in 1986.
“I was supposed to play the butler, himself, initially,” Howard told us. “But when Oprah and I were paired against each other the age difference became palpable. So I championed Forest Whitaker to come and take that role.”
Whitaker indeed took over the fictionalized role of White House butler Cecil Gaines opposite Winfrey as his wife Gloria. Daniels ended up casting Howard in a smaller part.
“Lee said, ‘I really want you in this film, and the only character I have left is this little small character named Howard that’s having an affair with Oprah, but I don’t want to offend you offering [a smaller role] to you,’” Howard recalled of his conversation with Daniels.
Below, the actor reveals what Daniels said about the role that made him sign on.
And then there was this extra benefit that Mr. Howard had to confess to.
“Oprah and I had such chemistry. To be able to make out with Oprah and to have love scenes with her and those tig ol’ bitties … She’s such a lovely, voluptuous woman … That was wonderful.”
Forest Whitaker as Cecil Gaines
Alex Pettyfer as Thomas Westfall
John Cusack as Richard Nixon
Robin Williams as Dwight D. Eisenhower
Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan
James Marsden as John F. Kennedy
Minka Kelly as Jackie Kennedy
Lenny Kravitz as James Holloway
Jesse Williams as Rev. James Lawson
Cuba Gooding, Jr. as Carter Wilson
Mariah Carey as Hattie Pearl
Oprah Winfrey as Gloria Gaines
Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B. Johnson
Nelsan Ellis as Martin Luther King, Jr.
Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan
Melissa Leo as Mamie Eisenhower
Terrence Howard as Howard
Vanessa Redgrave as Annabeth Westfall
Yaya DaCosta as Carol Hammie
David Oyelowo as Louis Gaines
Colman Domingo as Freddie Fallows
Alex Manette as H.R. Haldeman
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here