“And THAT’s a Wrap! Terrence Howard and me in our goodbye ‘love scene’,” Winfrey wrote as a caption, providing no further details.
Howard, however, is now spilling the beans on how he ended up making out with O in the Lee Daniels-directed drama.
*As previously reported, the film is based on the true story of White House butler Eugene Allen, who served eight Presidents until his retirement in 1986.
“I was supposed to play the butler, himself, initially,” Howard told us. “But when Oprah and I were paired against each other the age difference became palpable. So I championed Forest Whitaker to come and take that role.”
Whitaker indeed took over the fictionalized role of White House butler Cecil Gaines opposite Winfrey as his wife Gloria. Daniels ended up casting Howard in a smaller part.
“Lee said, ‘I really want you in this film, and the only character I have left is this little small character named Howard that’s having an affair with Oprah, but I don’t want to offend you offering [a smaller role] to you,’” Howard recalled of his conversation with Daniels.
Below, the actor reveals what Daniels said about the role that made him sign on.
And then there was this extra benefit that Mr. Howard had to confess to.
“Oprah and I had such chemistry. To be able to make out with Oprah and to have love scenes with her and those tig ol’ bitties … She’s such a lovely, voluptuous woman … That was wonderful.”
Forest Whitaker as Cecil Gaines
Alex Pettyfer as Thomas Westfall
John Cusack as Richard Nixon
Robin Williams as Dwight D. Eisenhower
Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan
James Marsden as John F. Kennedy
Minka Kelly as Jackie Kennedy
Lenny Kravitz as James Holloway
Jesse Williams as Rev. James Lawson
Cuba Gooding, Jr. as Carter Wilson
Mariah Carey as Hattie Pearl
Oprah Winfrey as Gloria Gaines
Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B. Johnson
Nelsan Ellis as Martin Luther King, Jr.
Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan
Melissa Leo as Mamie Eisenhower
Terrence Howard as Howard
Vanessa Redgrave as Annabeth Westfall
Yaya DaCosta as Carol Hammie
David Oyelowo as Louis Gaines
Colman Domingo as Freddie Fallows
Alex Manette as H.R. Haldeman
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here