*Tyler Perry returns to theaters on Friday – strictly as a director this time – with his 13th career film, and in his words, a directorial effort that “feels more like reality than anything I’ve ever done.”
And it’s not because his movie includes TV’s biggest reality star.
“I know there are a lot of people going through things in relationships and I wanted to just raise a flag and say, ‘What happens when you’re tempted?’ One choice, one bad decision can change your entire future and destiny,” Perry said at the press conference for his latest effort, “Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor.”
Jurnee Smollett-Bell plays Judith, a marriage counselor whose own six-year matrimony with childhood sweetheart Bryce (Lance Gross) is suffering from exhaustion. Enter her new client Harley (Robbie Jones), a social media mogul who slowly begins to reignite her passion. Their friendship turns into a full-on affair that, in true Tyler Perry fashion, becomes a cautionary tale about the effects of poor decisions.
“I wanted a younger cast, a very exciting cast because not only is this message for everyone, but it’s in particular for younger people as well,” he said. “Just one decision can change your whole life.”
Below, Perry talks about a controversial decision of his own – casting reality TV fixture Kim Kardashian in the role of Judith’s assistant Ava. [Scroll down to watch the trailer.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here