*Tyler Perry returns to theaters on Friday – strictly as a director this time – with his 13th career film, and in his words, a directorial effort that “feels more like reality than anything I’ve ever done.”
And it’s not because his movie includes TV’s biggest reality star.
“I know there are a lot of people going through things in relationships and I wanted to just raise a flag and say, ‘What happens when you’re tempted?’ One choice, one bad decision can change your entire future and destiny,” Perry said at the press conference for his latest effort, “Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor.”
Jurnee Smollett-Bell plays Judith, a marriage counselor whose own six-year matrimony with childhood sweetheart Bryce (Lance Gross) is suffering from exhaustion. Enter her new client Harley (Robbie Jones), a social media mogul who slowly begins to reignite her passion. Their friendship turns into a full-on affair that, in true Tyler Perry fashion, becomes a cautionary tale about the effects of poor decisions.
“I wanted a younger cast, a very exciting cast because not only is this message for everyone, but it’s in particular for younger people as well,” he said. “Just one decision can change your whole life.”
Below, Perry talks about a controversial decision of his own – casting reality TV fixture Kim Kardashian in the role of Judith’s assistant Ava. [Scroll down to watch the trailer.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here