*Tyler Perry returns to theaters on Friday – strictly as a director this time – with his 13th career film, and in his words, a directorial effort that “feels more like reality than anything I’ve ever done.”
And it’s not because his movie includes TV’s biggest reality star.
“I know there are a lot of people going through things in relationships and I wanted to just raise a flag and say, ‘What happens when you’re tempted?’ One choice, one bad decision can change your entire future and destiny,” Perry said at the press conference for his latest effort, “Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor.”
Jurnee Smollett-Bell plays Judith, a marriage counselor whose own six-year matrimony with childhood sweetheart Bryce (Lance Gross) is suffering from exhaustion. Enter her new client Harley (Robbie Jones), a social media mogul who slowly begins to reignite her passion. Their friendship turns into a full-on affair that, in true Tyler Perry fashion, becomes a cautionary tale about the effects of poor decisions.
“I wanted a younger cast, a very exciting cast because not only is this message for everyone, but it’s in particular for younger people as well,” he said. “Just one decision can change your whole life.”
Below, Perry talks about a controversial decision of his own – casting reality TV fixture Kim Kardashian in the role of Judith’s assistant Ava. [Scroll down to watch the trailer.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here