*“American Idol” has at least two contestants who can really sang – Candice Glover, who belted a Kim Burrell-style version of John Legend’s “Ordinary People” on Tuesday [scroll down to watch], and St. Louis gospel singer Curtis Finch Jr., whose rendition of R. Kelly’s “I Believe I Can Fly” last night had all four judges on their feet for the second straight week.
Keith Urban said Finch oozes goodness and light. Nicki Minaj got emotional and said she has a calling on him that’s bigger than “American Idol.” Randy Jackson said the night’s competition started with him, and Mariah Carey may have referenced her tension with Minaj by saying Finch’s positive energy was what she needed in her life at that moment.
But America may see things a bit differently.
In a recap of the show, USA Today’s Brian Curtis wrote Finch “may have the best pure voice in the competition, but he comes off as arrogant even while he’s saying, ‘Bless you.’”
Watch below and you be the judge.
The results of Tuesday and Wednesday night’s performance shows will be revealed on tonight’s broadcast when ten of the Top 20 contestants will be eliminated.
Below, a reason to watch “Idol” this season – Candice Glover (from Tuesday’s broadcast).
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here