*“American Idol” has at least two contestants who can really sang – Candice Glover, who belted a Kim Burrell-style version of John Legend’s “Ordinary People” on Tuesday [scroll down to watch], and St. Louis gospel singer Curtis Finch Jr., whose rendition of R. Kelly’s “I Believe I Can Fly” last night had all four judges on their feet for the second straight week.
Keith Urban said Finch oozes goodness and light. Nicki Minaj got emotional and said she has a calling on him that’s bigger than “American Idol.” Randy Jackson said the night’s competition started with him, and Mariah Carey may have referenced her tension with Minaj by saying Finch’s positive energy was what she needed in her life at that moment.
But America may see things a bit differently.
In a recap of the show, USA Today’s Brian Curtis wrote Finch “may have the best pure voice in the competition, but he comes off as arrogant even while he’s saying, ‘Bless you.’”
Watch below and you be the judge.
The results of Tuesday and Wednesday night’s performance shows will be revealed on tonight’s broadcast when ten of the Top 20 contestants will be eliminated.
Below, a reason to watch “Idol” this season – Candice Glover (from Tuesday’s broadcast).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here