*“American Idol” has at least two contestants who can really sang – Candice Glover, who belted a Kim Burrell-style version of John Legend’s “Ordinary People” on Tuesday [scroll down to watch], and St. Louis gospel singer Curtis Finch Jr., whose rendition of R. Kelly’s “I Believe I Can Fly” last night had all four judges on their feet for the second straight week.
Keith Urban said Finch oozes goodness and light. Nicki Minaj got emotional and said she has a calling on him that’s bigger than “American Idol.” Randy Jackson said the night’s competition started with him, and Mariah Carey may have referenced her tension with Minaj by saying Finch’s positive energy was what she needed in her life at that moment.
But America may see things a bit differently.
In a recap of the show, USA Today’s Brian Curtis wrote Finch “may have the best pure voice in the competition, but he comes off as arrogant even while he’s saying, ‘Bless you.’”
Watch below and you be the judge.
The results of Tuesday and Wednesday night’s performance shows will be revealed on tonight’s broadcast when ten of the Top 20 contestants will be eliminated.
Below, a reason to watch “Idol” this season – Candice Glover (from Tuesday’s broadcast).
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Obama Phoned Widow of Texas Police Officer Shot in Cold Blood
- EXCLUSIVE: 4 Years After Suspended Life Sentences, Scott Sisters Seek Pardon
- Joe Brown Released From Jail After 5-Day Sentence
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here