*Pat Houston’s family called emergency services on Monday, believing she was about to commit suicide after she posted a troubling message on Facebook.
TMZ reports that the sister-in-law of late singer Whitney Houston, posted the message: “Sometimes you just feel like giving up on life and its many challenges.
And for the first time in my life…I’m tired…and I want to finally rest. I love you guys.”
Fearing the worst, several family members called 911 and paramedics and police rushed to Pat’s home in Alpharetta, Georgia, only to discover the scare was a huge misunderstanding.
Sources told the website that several family members were immediately concerned when they began calling and texting Pat but received no answer. According to the website, they went to Pat’s house and found her passed out on her bed next to a pill bottle, prompting them to immediately call 911.
Fortunately, it was a complete misunderstanding, with Pat soon waking up as soon as police arrived. TMZ said she told police she had taken pain medication for her back and gone to sleep and turned off her phone, unaware that so many people were trying to contact her.
Pat informed concerned parties that her Facebook post was the result of stress. She was taken to the hospital as a preventative measure but released a short time later.
Pat is married to Whitney’s brother Gary and worked as Whitney’s business manager before the singer’s death last February.
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here