*Will Smith sent a bunch of young ladies into hysterics today after popping in unannounced at a south London school during a tour of Brixton.
The actor – currently in the British capital with his son Jaden, who is opening for Justin Bieber on his “Believe” tour – expressed a desire to see “London’s Harlem.” Local politicians Tessa Jowell and Chuka Umunna granted his wish.
During his day out, Smith visited local music venue Electric Brixton and a coffee shop, before stopping by St Martin’s School in Tulse Hill where he was cheered by 950 unsuspecting female students. [Scroll down to watch.]
The actor/rapper hosted a question-and-answer session with the girls and offered advice on breaking into the entertainment industry, as well as choosing friends wisely. Listen below.
Headmistress Lesley Morrison said, “He was fantastic, he spoke with such sincerity, really aspirational, it was a truly inspirational visit the girls will never forget. I know that he’s a superstar and everything but he is a humble man as well.
“The girls will never ever forget it… I wasn’t quite sure how they would react but they were just totally and utterly thrilled. They’ve all watched ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,’ but they’ve seen all the ‘Men In Black’ films as well.”
Watch short clips of the students’ wild reaction below.
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- 50 Cent’s Bankruptcy Statement Includes 7 Cars Valued at Half Mil
- Drake Uses PowerPoint Presentation to Roast Meek Mill in Concert
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here