*Prince, with the help of Samsung, is offering 250 people the chance to see him perform with a 21-piece band at the SXSW closing party this week.
The legendary singer has been confirmed as a performer for one of the Texas’ festival’s closing shows, before an intimate crowd of contest winners, reports The Guardian.
Samsung will fund Prince’s SXSW debut show, in the same way it bankrolled Kanye West’s gig at a launch event in 2012. To be eligible for a ticket for the concert on Saturday (March 16, 2013), fans must be either SXSW badge-holders or owners of a Samsung Galaxy phone.
The room at La Zona Rosa will be strictly limited to just 250 people, where Prince will perform a career-spanning set with his band.
“Prince is a legend and true creative and musical genius who has been pushing the boundaries of music for more than 35 years,” Todd Pendleton, Samsung’s chief marketing officer, told Mashable. “Having Prince in Austin at his first SXSW show will truly be a one-night-only experience that our Samsung Galaxy owners and friends will remember for years to come.”
Prince recently released a handful of singles and videos as part of the launch of his new website. In January, he played several shows at a tiny Minneapolis jazz club before appearing at last month’s Grammy Awards.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- New California Law Requires 'Perceived Ethnicity' Documentation by Police
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson's Explosive Expose on How the NRA Terrorizes Congress
- The Film Strip: Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund in 'PAN' playland
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here