*Prince, with the help of Samsung, is offering 250 people the chance to see him perform with a 21-piece band at the SXSW closing party this week.
The legendary singer has been confirmed as a performer for one of the Texas’ festival’s closing shows, before an intimate crowd of contest winners, reports The Guardian.
Samsung will fund Prince’s SXSW debut show, in the same way it bankrolled Kanye West’s gig at a launch event in 2012. To be eligible for a ticket for the concert on Saturday (March 16, 2013), fans must be either SXSW badge-holders or owners of a Samsung Galaxy phone.
The room at La Zona Rosa will be strictly limited to just 250 people, where Prince will perform a career-spanning set with his band.
“Prince is a legend and true creative and musical genius who has been pushing the boundaries of music for more than 35 years,” Todd Pendleton, Samsung’s chief marketing officer, told Mashable. “Having Prince in Austin at his first SXSW show will truly be a one-night-only experience that our Samsung Galaxy owners and friends will remember for years to come.”
Prince recently released a handful of singles and videos as part of the launch of his new website. In January, he played several shows at a tiny Minneapolis jazz club before appearing at last month’s Grammy Awards.
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Atlanta Police on the Hunt for T.I.-Looking Suspect
- Ne-Yo & Crystal Renay Get Married with Baby Already on the Way
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here