*George Zimmerman’s brother, Robert Zimmerman Jr., has created a firestorm on Twitter with his bizarre defense on behalf of his sibling, comparing Trayvon Martin to an alleged baby killer.
Robert Zimmerman took to the social network on Sunday, sharing a photo of De’Marquis Elkins, a teen charged with the fatal shooting of a 1-year-old in Georgia, and Trayvon Martin flipping the middle finger.
After inevitably starting a conversation around the post, Zimmerman responded to a tweet, challenging the liberal media’s coverage of his brother’s case, writing: “Lib media shld ask if what these2 black teens did 2 a woman&baby is the reason ppl think blacks mightB risky.”
The blog Mediate points out: “The only thing Trayvon Martin and De’Marquise Elkins have in common is that they are black teenagers who have middle fingers. That’s where it ends, but the differences between the two are many. Trayvon Martin isn’t accused of any crime, while Elkins is accused of murder. Elkins is alive, and will have an opportunity to defend himself. Trayvon Martin is dead, and cannot defend himself against the despicable comparison of himself to an alleged baby-murderer. Even if every word that George Zimmerman says is true, Trayvon Martin was still only guilty of beating a man who was stalking him with a gun.
“Whatever you think of George Zimmerman’s guilt or innocence, the linchpin of his brother’s media offensive is that George wasn’t racist, and didn’t have any particular antipathy toward black teenagers. Pimping this racist, dimwitted comparison is a direct repudiation of that notion. Maybe the idea is for Robert to be so racist that his brother seems reasonable by comparison?”
Both George Zimmerman and his family have maintained that the neighborhood watch volunteer had reason to fear for his life the night of his fatal confrontation with the teen. Zimmerman’s father has asserted that Trayvon threatened his son and attacked him, resulting in lacerations to the back of his head, a “closed fracture” of his nose, a pair of black eyes and a minor back injury, according to a medical report.
However, the debate has taken on obvious racial implications as many have asked whether George Zimmerman racially-profiled Trayvon Martin, and still numerous others have challenged the media’s portrayal of Martin as an ‘innocent victim.’
George Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder, and is awaiting a trial date set for June 10, 2013.
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here