*Super Bowl viewers got a quick tease of CBS’ upcoming summer drama “Under The Dome,” the brainchild of author Stephen King. On Monday, the network released a first-look video promoting the series. [Scroll down to watch.]
The adaptation of King’s novel, produced by Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television, is set in Chester’s Mill, a small New England town suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome.
Aisha Hinds, best known for her role as a phony witch on HBO’s “True Blood,” plays one of the people trapped under the dome, though her character isn’t actually from Chester’s Mill.
Deadline reports that Hinds will play Carolyn Hill, “a take-no-prisoners Los Angeles entertainment attorney who is trapped in Chester’s Mill while driving through town with her partner and their teen daughter, on their way to deliver her to a camp for troubled youth.”
Colin Ford plays Joe, a savvy young teenager whose parents are trapped outside of the town. Natalie Martinez plays Deputy Linda. Alex Koch is Junior Rennie, a disturbed youngster, obsessed with a waitress who longs for anywhere but Chester’s Mill, acted by “Secret Circle‘s” Britt Robertson.
Watch the first-look video below.
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Obama Phoned Widow of Texas Police Officer Shot in Cold Blood
- EXCLUSIVE: 4 Years After Suspended Life Sentences, Scott Sisters Seek Pardon
- Joe Brown Released From Jail After 5-Day Sentence
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here