*Super Bowl viewers got a quick tease of CBS’ upcoming summer drama “Under The Dome,” the brainchild of author Stephen King. On Monday, the network released a first-look video promoting the series. [Scroll down to watch.]
The adaptation of King’s novel, produced by Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television, is set in Chester’s Mill, a small New England town suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome.
Aisha Hinds, best known for her role as a phony witch on HBO’s “True Blood,” plays one of the people trapped under the dome, though her character isn’t actually from Chester’s Mill.
Deadline reports that Hinds will play Carolyn Hill, “a take-no-prisoners Los Angeles entertainment attorney who is trapped in Chester’s Mill while driving through town with her partner and their teen daughter, on their way to deliver her to a camp for troubled youth.”
Colin Ford plays Joe, a savvy young teenager whose parents are trapped outside of the town. Natalie Martinez plays Deputy Linda. Alex Koch is Junior Rennie, a disturbed youngster, obsessed with a waitress who longs for anywhere but Chester’s Mill, acted by “Secret Circle‘s” Britt Robertson.
Watch the first-look video below.
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here