*Get ready to jump, jive and swing when Antonio “Huggy Bear” Fargas and The New Jump Blues band – one of the most exuberant foot-stomping musical groups to jump off the national stage – swings into Beverly Hills for a free community concert presented by the Playboy Jazz Festival, Sunday, May 5th. The event which begins at 3:30 p.m. will be held at the Beverly Hills Civic Center Plaza located at 450 North Rexford Drive, between Santa Monica Boulevard and Burton Way. The Beverly Hills High School Jazz Band, under the direction of Bill Bradbury will open the show.
The concert is the first of Playboy’s free community events being held in conjunction with the upcoming 35th anniversary Playboy Jazz Festival June 15th and 16th, at the landmark Hollywood Bowl. The ‘jump blues’ is an offshoot of the big-band swing era, featuring smaller ensembles with bright horns and irresistible rhythms that “defy standing still,” as described by Billboard magazine. Lead by dynamic frontman, actor and blues singer Antonio “Huggy Bear” Fargas, the tight combo of veteran musicians are known for their rousing performances and lead singers who blend up tempo elements of blues, jazz and calypso with dazzling choreography in a lively revue-style show. The band’s set will also include a special salute to Cinco de Mayo.
Under the direction of Bill Bradbury, the Beverly Hills High School Jazz Band will perform a selection of music representing various styles of jazz, including blues, swing, rock and Latin.
“Our Beverly Hills concert has become a popular kick-off for the annual Playboy Jazz Festival season, and this year’s roster of talent promises a lively afternoon of upbeat jazz entertainment at the Civic Center’s attractive outdoor performing arts venue in celebration of our 35th Anniversary Festival,” stated Richard Rosenzweig, president emeritus of the Playboy Jazz Festival.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase to the public. Glass containers, alcoholic beverages and audio/video recorders are not permitted. Two free hours of parking is available at the Civic Center parking structure, adjacent to the Beverly Hills Public Library. For more information regarding the community concert series or the Playboy Jazz Festival, go to www.playboyjazzfestival.com
Nina Gordon Public Relations
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here