*Get ready to jump, jive and swing when Antonio “Huggy Bear” Fargas and The New Jump Blues band – one of the most exuberant foot-stomping musical groups to jump off the national stage – swings into Beverly Hills for a free community concert presented by the Playboy Jazz Festival, Sunday, May 5th. The event which begins at 3:30 p.m. will be held at the Beverly Hills Civic Center Plaza located at 450 North Rexford Drive, between Santa Monica Boulevard and Burton Way. The Beverly Hills High School Jazz Band, under the direction of Bill Bradbury will open the show.
The concert is the first of Playboy’s free community events being held in conjunction with the upcoming 35th anniversary Playboy Jazz Festival June 15th and 16th, at the landmark Hollywood Bowl. The ‘jump blues’ is an offshoot of the big-band swing era, featuring smaller ensembles with bright horns and irresistible rhythms that “defy standing still,” as described by Billboard magazine. Lead by dynamic frontman, actor and blues singer Antonio “Huggy Bear” Fargas, the tight combo of veteran musicians are known for their rousing performances and lead singers who blend up tempo elements of blues, jazz and calypso with dazzling choreography in a lively revue-style show. The band’s set will also include a special salute to Cinco de Mayo.
Under the direction of Bill Bradbury, the Beverly Hills High School Jazz Band will perform a selection of music representing various styles of jazz, including blues, swing, rock and Latin.
“Our Beverly Hills concert has become a popular kick-off for the annual Playboy Jazz Festival season, and this year’s roster of talent promises a lively afternoon of upbeat jazz entertainment at the Civic Center’s attractive outdoor performing arts venue in celebration of our 35th Anniversary Festival,” stated Richard Rosenzweig, president emeritus of the Playboy Jazz Festival.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase to the public. Glass containers, alcoholic beverages and audio/video recorders are not permitted. Two free hours of parking is available at the Civic Center parking structure, adjacent to the Beverly Hills Public Library. For more information regarding the community concert series or the Playboy Jazz Festival, go to www.playboyjazzfestival.com
Nina Gordon Public Relations
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here