*Despite what critics may say about Beyoncé’s latest, out of character joint “Bow Down/I Been On,” she’s been giving the world a few signs about her transition with her bold songs like “Run the World.”
But while we’ve all been speculating a secret feminist within that booty-shaking, hair whipping singer, Bey confirmed the notion in a recent interview. However, there’s a little confusion about her position, especially calling other women b*tches and ordering them to “bow down.”
“I guess I am a modern-day feminist. I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything? I’m just a woman and I love being a woman,” she tells the Vogue, adding, “I do believe in equality and that we have a way to go and it’s something that’s pushed aside and something that we have been conditioned to accept.”
Modern day feminist? That’s interesting. What would other women say about that?
Of course, to Beyoncé’s credit, she has done her thing with Sasha Fierce, making lady anthems and all of that.
But a feminist? She admits, the bold her is simply her alter ego going to work.
“I feel like Mrs. Carter is who I am, but more bold and more fearless than I’ve ever been,” she admits. “It comes from knowing my purpose and really meeting myself once I saw my child. “I was like, ‘OK, this is what you were born to do.’ The purpose of my body became completely different.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here