*Despite what critics may say about Beyoncé’s latest, out of character joint “Bow Down/I Been On,” she’s been giving the world a few signs about her transition with her bold songs like “Run the World.”
But while we’ve all been speculating a secret feminist within that booty-shaking, hair whipping singer, Bey confirmed the notion in a recent interview. However, there’s a little confusion about her position, especially calling other women b*tches and ordering them to “bow down.”
“I guess I am a modern-day feminist. I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything? I’m just a woman and I love being a woman,” she tells the Vogue, adding, “I do believe in equality and that we have a way to go and it’s something that’s pushed aside and something that we have been conditioned to accept.”
Modern day feminist? That’s interesting. What would other women say about that?
Of course, to Beyoncé’s credit, she has done her thing with Sasha Fierce, making lady anthems and all of that.
But a feminist? She admits, the bold her is simply her alter ego going to work.
“I feel like Mrs. Carter is who I am, but more bold and more fearless than I’ve ever been,” she admits. “It comes from knowing my purpose and really meeting myself once I saw my child. “I was like, ‘OK, this is what you were born to do.’ The purpose of my body became completely different.”
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here