*Despite what critics may say about Beyoncé’s latest, out of character joint “Bow Down/I Been On,” she’s been giving the world a few signs about her transition with her bold songs like “Run the World.”
But while we’ve all been speculating a secret feminist within that booty-shaking, hair whipping singer, Bey confirmed the notion in a recent interview. However, there’s a little confusion about her position, especially calling other women b*tches and ordering them to “bow down.”
“I guess I am a modern-day feminist. I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything? I’m just a woman and I love being a woman,” she tells the Vogue, adding, “I do believe in equality and that we have a way to go and it’s something that’s pushed aside and something that we have been conditioned to accept.”
Modern day feminist? That’s interesting. What would other women say about that?
Of course, to Beyoncé’s credit, she has done her thing with Sasha Fierce, making lady anthems and all of that.
But a feminist? She admits, the bold her is simply her alter ego going to work.
“I feel like Mrs. Carter is who I am, but more bold and more fearless than I’ve ever been,” she admits. “It comes from knowing my purpose and really meeting myself once I saw my child. “I was like, ‘OK, this is what you were born to do.’ The purpose of my body became completely different.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here