*Despite what critics may say about Beyoncé’s latest, out of character joint “Bow Down/I Been On,” she’s been giving the world a few signs about her transition with her bold songs like “Run the World.”
But while we’ve all been speculating a secret feminist within that booty-shaking, hair whipping singer, Bey confirmed the notion in a recent interview. However, there’s a little confusion about her position, especially calling other women b*tches and ordering them to “bow down.”
“I guess I am a modern-day feminist. I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything? I’m just a woman and I love being a woman,” she tells the Vogue, adding, “I do believe in equality and that we have a way to go and it’s something that’s pushed aside and something that we have been conditioned to accept.”
Modern day feminist? That’s interesting. What would other women say about that?
Of course, to Beyoncé’s credit, she has done her thing with Sasha Fierce, making lady anthems and all of that.
But a feminist? She admits, the bold her is simply her alter ego going to work.
“I feel like Mrs. Carter is who I am, but more bold and more fearless than I’ve ever been,” she admits. “It comes from knowing my purpose and really meeting myself once I saw my child. “I was like, ‘OK, this is what you were born to do.’ The purpose of my body became completely different.”
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Mother Who Killed Her Kids Tells Court, 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Queen Latifah, Jennifer Garner Lead TD Jakes’ ‘Miracles From Heaven’
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’s’ John Schneider Rips TV Land for Pulling Show Over Rebel Flag (Watch)
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- EUR Exclusive: Boris and Nicole Discuss New Talk Show (WATCH)
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here