*Beyonce has paid tribute to her mother Tina Knowles in a new video for her Chime for Change initiative, part of Gucci’s global campaign for women’s empowerment.
The 31-year-old singer cited her mother as the most influential female in her life, saying, “My mother’s gift is finding the best qualities in every human being. I think her gift is understanding and helping people get to their best selves,” Beyonce said of her mother.
At the end of the new clip, a banner asks viewers, “Who do you chime for?” It was launched in support of an upcoming concert The Sound of Change Live, which will see Beyonce, Ellie Goulding, Florence and the Machine and Rita Ora highlight women’s issues at London’s Twickenham Stadium.
“Our goal is to call for change for girls and women in the loudest voice possible,” said Beyonce, adding that the event was a chance to “bring the issues of education, health and justice for girls and women to the world stage.”
Chime for Change was launched in February by Beyonce and co-founders Salma Hayek and Frida Giannini, Creative Director at Gucci, in partnership with the fashion label.
Beyonce added, “Girls have to be taught from early on that they are strong and capable of being anything they want to be. It’s up to us to change the statistics for women around the world.”
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here