*Beyonce has paid tribute to her mother Tina Knowles in a new video for her Chime for Change initiative, part of Gucci’s global campaign for women’s empowerment.
The 31-year-old singer cited her mother as the most influential female in her life, saying, “My mother’s gift is finding the best qualities in every human being. I think her gift is understanding and helping people get to their best selves,” Beyonce said of her mother.
At the end of the new clip, a banner asks viewers, “Who do you chime for?” It was launched in support of an upcoming concert The Sound of Change Live, which will see Beyonce, Ellie Goulding, Florence and the Machine and Rita Ora highlight women’s issues at London’s Twickenham Stadium.
“Our goal is to call for change for girls and women in the loudest voice possible,” said Beyonce, adding that the event was a chance to “bring the issues of education, health and justice for girls and women to the world stage.”
Chime for Change was launched in February by Beyonce and co-founders Salma Hayek and Frida Giannini, Creative Director at Gucci, in partnership with the fashion label.
Beyonce added, “Girls have to be taught from early on that they are strong and capable of being anything they want to be. It’s up to us to change the statistics for women around the world.”
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here