*Beyonce has paid tribute to her mother Tina Knowles in a new video for her Chime for Change initiative, part of Gucci’s global campaign for women’s empowerment.
The 31-year-old singer cited her mother as the most influential female in her life, saying, “My mother’s gift is finding the best qualities in every human being. I think her gift is understanding and helping people get to their best selves,” Beyonce said of her mother.
At the end of the new clip, a banner asks viewers, “Who do you chime for?” It was launched in support of an upcoming concert The Sound of Change Live, which will see Beyonce, Ellie Goulding, Florence and the Machine and Rita Ora highlight women’s issues at London’s Twickenham Stadium.
“Our goal is to call for change for girls and women in the loudest voice possible,” said Beyonce, adding that the event was a chance to “bring the issues of education, health and justice for girls and women to the world stage.”
Chime for Change was launched in February by Beyonce and co-founders Salma Hayek and Frida Giannini, Creative Director at Gucci, in partnership with the fashion label.
Beyonce added, “Girls have to be taught from early on that they are strong and capable of being anything they want to be. It’s up to us to change the statistics for women around the world.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here