*In an effort to fight against national hunger, Beyoncé, her mother Tina Knowles and baby sister Solange have teamed up with Bread of Life Inc., a Houston Texas based grassroots organization geared toward putting food in the mouths of the homeless through a program called the “Miss a Meal” initiative.
With the support of the Knowles family, participants with a desire to assist those in need will be asked to forego one meal, and instead donate a minimum payment to Bread of Life Inc. via text or online. The monies will be used to provide nourishment for those who need it most.
“When we say ‘we are starving,’ we have to remember that there are people who are literally starving. If everyone fed one person, one meal, we could make a huge difference,” says Tina Knowles. “To miss one meal is a small sacrifice to make in the fight against hunger.”
“I was 13 and my sister Solange was 8 when we started donating and serving meals to the homeless after church. “There were people from all walks of life, even children, who needed a meal. We learned that we are all three paychecks away from poverty. It was a lesson in humility for all of us.”
“There are dozens of memories of me and my sister volunteering at Bread of Life, we got to see firsthand how grateful people were to receive a hot meal. For many people this was their only meal of the day and we learned early on not to take anything for granted. I’m passing on those same lessons to my son Julez.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here