*In an effort to fight against national hunger, Beyoncé, her mother Tina Knowles and baby sister Solange have teamed up with Bread of Life Inc., a Houston Texas based grassroots organization geared toward putting food in the mouths of the homeless through a program called the “Miss a Meal” initiative.
With the support of the Knowles family, participants with a desire to assist those in need will be asked to forego one meal, and instead donate a minimum payment to Bread of Life Inc. via text or online. The monies will be used to provide nourishment for those who need it most.
“When we say ‘we are starving,’ we have to remember that there are people who are literally starving. If everyone fed one person, one meal, we could make a huge difference,” says Tina Knowles. “To miss one meal is a small sacrifice to make in the fight against hunger.”
“I was 13 and my sister Solange was 8 when we started donating and serving meals to the homeless after church. “There were people from all walks of life, even children, who needed a meal. We learned that we are all three paychecks away from poverty. It was a lesson in humility for all of us.”
“There are dozens of memories of me and my sister volunteering at Bread of Life, we got to see firsthand how grateful people were to receive a hot meal. For many people this was their only meal of the day and we learned early on not to take anything for granted. I’m passing on those same lessons to my son Julez.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here