*In an effort to fight against national hunger, Beyoncé, her mother Tina Knowles and baby sister Solange have teamed up with Bread of Life Inc., a Houston Texas based grassroots organization geared toward putting food in the mouths of the homeless through a program called the “Miss a Meal” initiative.
With the support of the Knowles family, participants with a desire to assist those in need will be asked to forego one meal, and instead donate a minimum payment to Bread of Life Inc. via text or online. The monies will be used to provide nourishment for those who need it most.
“When we say ‘we are starving,’ we have to remember that there are people who are literally starving. If everyone fed one person, one meal, we could make a huge difference,” says Tina Knowles. “To miss one meal is a small sacrifice to make in the fight against hunger.”
“I was 13 and my sister Solange was 8 when we started donating and serving meals to the homeless after church. “There were people from all walks of life, even children, who needed a meal. We learned that we are all three paychecks away from poverty. It was a lesson in humility for all of us.”
“There are dozens of memories of me and my sister volunteering at Bread of Life, we got to see firsthand how grateful people were to receive a hot meal. For many people this was their only meal of the day and we learned early on not to take anything for granted. I’m passing on those same lessons to my son Julez.”
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here