*Candice Glover’s rendition of The Cure’s “Lovesong,” famously remade by Adele, caused a sustained and emotional reaction from the judges and audience on “American Idol” last night that hasn’t been seen since Fantasia’s “Summertime.”
Each of the final six contestants had to perform twice – a Hal David/Burt Bacharach-penned tune for the first song (Candice sang “Don’t Make Me Over”) and “songs I wish I had written” for the second appearance.
When Candice finished having her way with “Lovesong,” Mariah Carey – usually too confined by her outfits to stand during standing ovations – got up out of her seat and tossed glitter on the singer. Keith Urban got down on his knees and bowed repeatedly toward Candice. As the audience roared, Randy Jackson spoke on behalf of all the judges and said she just delivered one of the best performances he’s seen in the show’s 12 seasons.
All Candice could do was stand there in tears and soak it all in. (Watch below.) And just know that viewing it on this screen (even in full screen mode) does not do it justice.
Candice Glover – Love Song – American Idol 12… by IdolxMuzic
Candice Glover – Don’t Make Me Over – American… by IdolxMuzic
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here