*Candice Glover’s rendition of The Cure’s “Lovesong,” famously remade by Adele, caused a sustained and emotional reaction from the judges and audience on “American Idol” last night that hasn’t been seen since Fantasia’s “Summertime.”
Each of the final six contestants had to perform twice – a Hal David/Burt Bacharach-penned tune for the first song (Candice sang “Don’t Make Me Over”) and “songs I wish I had written” for the second appearance.
When Candice finished having her way with “Lovesong,” Mariah Carey – usually too confined by her outfits to stand during standing ovations – got up out of her seat and tossed glitter on the singer. Keith Urban got down on his knees and bowed repeatedly toward Candice. As the audience roared, Randy Jackson spoke on behalf of all the judges and said she just delivered one of the best performances he’s seen in the show’s 12 seasons.
All Candice could do was stand there in tears and soak it all in. (Watch below.) And just know that viewing it on this screen (even in full screen mode) does not do it justice.
Candice Glover – Love Song – American Idol 12… by IdolxMuzic
Candice Glover – Don’t Make Me Over – American… by IdolxMuzic
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Bails from BET Awards Over Stage Demotion
- Cameron Turner: More White Folks Need to Listen To Us
- Female EMT 'Fired' for Refusal to Support Baby in Distress (Child Dies)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here