*Candice Glover’s rendition of The Cure’s “Lovesong,” famously remade by Adele, caused a sustained and emotional reaction from the judges and audience on “American Idol” last night that hasn’t been seen since Fantasia’s “Summertime.”
Each of the final six contestants had to perform twice – a Hal David/Burt Bacharach-penned tune for the first song (Candice sang “Don’t Make Me Over”) and “songs I wish I had written” for the second appearance.
When Candice finished having her way with “Lovesong,” Mariah Carey – usually too confined by her outfits to stand during standing ovations – got up out of her seat and tossed glitter on the singer. Keith Urban got down on his knees and bowed repeatedly toward Candice. As the audience roared, Randy Jackson spoke on behalf of all the judges and said she just delivered one of the best performances he’s seen in the show’s 12 seasons.
All Candice could do was stand there in tears and soak it all in. (Watch below.) And just know that viewing it on this screen (even in full screen mode) does not do it justice.
Candice Glover – Love Song – American Idol 12… by IdolxMuzic
Candice Glover – Don’t Make Me Over – American… by IdolxMuzic
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here