*Darius Rucker came back from a two-year hiatus and went straight to the top of the charts.
His latest single “Wagon Wheel” rolls from second to first on the Hot Country Songs tally to become the sixth No. 1 single of his career.
Rucker, likewise known for fronting pop/rock band Hootie & the Blowfish, had most recently reigned with “This,” which crowned the April 30, 2011, Hot Country Songs chart. “Wagon” is the second single from the South Carolina native’s third country album, “True Believers,” due May 21.
“Wagon” steers to the summit with both Sales and Streaming Gainer honors. The track spends a second week atop Country Digital Songs, where it sells 93,000 downloads (up 25%), according to Nielsen SoundScan, while a full week of music video plays (following its March 22 premiere) helps it improve by 68% (to 1.2 million) in overall streams, according to Nielsen BDS.
The below video features Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum and the cast of the A&E reality series “Duck Dynasty.” Watch below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Lee Daniels Writes Apology Letter to Sean Penn, Ending Defamation Suit
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Lawrence Adjah, Founder of Our Family Dinner, Seeks to Re-Connect Millennials
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here