*Darius Rucker came back from a two-year hiatus and went straight to the top of the charts.
His latest single “Wagon Wheel” rolls from second to first on the Hot Country Songs tally to become the sixth No. 1 single of his career.
Rucker, likewise known for fronting pop/rock band Hootie & the Blowfish, had most recently reigned with “This,” which crowned the April 30, 2011, Hot Country Songs chart. “Wagon” is the second single from the South Carolina native’s third country album, “True Believers,” due May 21.
“Wagon” steers to the summit with both Sales and Streaming Gainer honors. The track spends a second week atop Country Digital Songs, where it sells 93,000 downloads (up 25%), according to Nielsen SoundScan, while a full week of music video plays (following its March 22 premiere) helps it improve by 68% (to 1.2 million) in overall streams, according to Nielsen BDS.
The below video features Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum and the cast of the A&E reality series “Duck Dynasty.” Watch below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here