*Darius Rucker came back from a two-year hiatus and went straight to the top of the charts.
His latest single “Wagon Wheel” rolls from second to first on the Hot Country Songs tally to become the sixth No. 1 single of his career.
Rucker, likewise known for fronting pop/rock band Hootie & the Blowfish, had most recently reigned with “This,” which crowned the April 30, 2011, Hot Country Songs chart. “Wagon” is the second single from the South Carolina native’s third country album, “True Believers,” due May 21.
“Wagon” steers to the summit with both Sales and Streaming Gainer honors. The track spends a second week atop Country Digital Songs, where it sells 93,000 downloads (up 25%), according to Nielsen SoundScan, while a full week of music video plays (following its March 22 premiere) helps it improve by 68% (to 1.2 million) in overall streams, according to Nielsen BDS.
The below video features Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum and the cast of the A&E reality series “Duck Dynasty.” Watch below.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here