*Former En Vogue member Dawn Robinson want you to know that TMZ got it wrong when they said she part of a lawsuit that would give her the legal right to use the En Vogue name, as we reported on Monday (04-01-13).
Here’s her statement, via her publicist, Amy Malone:
In response to current reports regarding the R&B group En Vogue and the legal proceedings between founding members Terry Ellis, Cindy Herron, and Maxine Jones, my client Dawn Robinson would like to make it very clear that she is not, nor has she ever been in a legal battle over the use of the En Vogue name.
Ms. Robinson left the group many years ago, and at that time gave up the legal right to use the name En Vogue for personal performances.
Although Ms. Robinson is saddened that her former band members are in the midst of court proceedings, she wishes all of the ladies well and hopes they can move forward and allow the En Vogue brand to continue to represent talent, class, and dignity.
The statement also informs that Dawn Robinson is currently in production on the new TV One reality series “R&B Divas LA,” as well as working on new music and authoring a book.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here