*Former En Vogue member Dawn Robinson want you to know that TMZ got it wrong when they said she part of a lawsuit that would give her the legal right to use the En Vogue name, as we reported on Monday (04-01-13).
Here’s her statement, via her publicist, Amy Malone:
In response to current reports regarding the R&B group En Vogue and the legal proceedings between founding members Terry Ellis, Cindy Herron, and Maxine Jones, my client Dawn Robinson would like to make it very clear that she is not, nor has she ever been in a legal battle over the use of the En Vogue name.
Ms. Robinson left the group many years ago, and at that time gave up the legal right to use the name En Vogue for personal performances.
Although Ms. Robinson is saddened that her former band members are in the midst of court proceedings, she wishes all of the ladies well and hopes they can move forward and allow the En Vogue brand to continue to represent talent, class, and dignity.
The statement also informs that Dawn Robinson is currently in production on the new TV One reality series “R&B Divas LA,” as well as working on new music and authoring a book.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Sisters In Law': Rhonda Wills Talks 'Staggering' Prince Estate and 'Criminal' Katrina Pierson [EUR Exclusive]
- Blind Boy (Christopher Ward) Sees 'Pretty' Mom for First Time (WATCH)
- Usher Responds to ‘Skinny’ Hate; ‘1st Look’ at 2Pac Shakur Biopic (WATCH)
- Would You Support a Vet Who Shot a Cat in the Head With an Arrow? (Video)
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Cardell Hayes Gets Indicted in Former NFL Player Will Smith's Murder
- Doc Rivers Tearfully Remembers His Mother; Bankrupt: Petey Pablo
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here