*New York, New York— “Bad relationships are pretty much the same as junk food,” states author Donna Barnes.
Here to empower readers with the knowledge for recognizing the unhealthy relationships in their lives is her practical new advice book “Giving Up Junk-Food Relationships: Recipes for Healthy Choices” (published by iUniverse, April 2013).
From the book’s introduction:
“You are what you eat, right? You likely know from experience that when you select healthy, well-balanced meals, you look and feel great, just as when you opt to fill up on junk food, though you may enjoy it in the moment, you probably don’t feel so great afterward. Your health depends on what you choose to consume and how active you are. The same rules that work with food also apply to relationships. What you put in is what you get out. Your happiness in a relationship depends on the choices you make. The purpose of this book is to help you make better relationship choices.”
Barnes encourages readers to find a relationship that is akin to a well-balanced meal. She points out the different kinds of “junk food” scenarios (midnight snacks, food poisoning) and identifies their corresponding relationships (booty calls, abusive partners) to uncover why good love goes bad, before delving into how to cultivate healthy, nutritious alternatives. Her creative food metaphors mixed with checklists, how-to lists, and multiple choice quizzes provide straight-forward methods for improving all relationships.
About the Author Donna Barnes is a life and relationship coach certified by New York University. She was an on-air expert for three seasons of ABC News’ “What Would You Do?” and has appeared on numerous other television programs including “Good Morning America” and “CBS this Morning.” Barnes has written advice columns for magazines and websites and has interviewed some of the country’s top sex and relationship experts. This is the first book in her Relationship Recipes series. For more information, please visit http://www.DonnaBarnes.com.
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here