*New York, New York— “Bad relationships are pretty much the same as junk food,” states author Donna Barnes.
Here to empower readers with the knowledge for recognizing the unhealthy relationships in their lives is her practical new advice book “Giving Up Junk-Food Relationships: Recipes for Healthy Choices” (published by iUniverse, April 2013).
From the book’s introduction:
“You are what you eat, right? You likely know from experience that when you select healthy, well-balanced meals, you look and feel great, just as when you opt to fill up on junk food, though you may enjoy it in the moment, you probably don’t feel so great afterward. Your health depends on what you choose to consume and how active you are. The same rules that work with food also apply to relationships. What you put in is what you get out. Your happiness in a relationship depends on the choices you make. The purpose of this book is to help you make better relationship choices.”
Barnes encourages readers to find a relationship that is akin to a well-balanced meal. She points out the different kinds of “junk food” scenarios (midnight snacks, food poisoning) and identifies their corresponding relationships (booty calls, abusive partners) to uncover why good love goes bad, before delving into how to cultivate healthy, nutritious alternatives. Her creative food metaphors mixed with checklists, how-to lists, and multiple choice quizzes provide straight-forward methods for improving all relationships.
About the Author Donna Barnes is a life and relationship coach certified by New York University. She was an on-air expert for three seasons of ABC News’ “What Would You Do?” and has appeared on numerous other television programs including “Good Morning America” and “CBS this Morning.” Barnes has written advice columns for magazines and websites and has interviewed some of the country’s top sex and relationship experts. This is the first book in her Relationship Recipes series. For more information, please visit http://www.DonnaBarnes.com.
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here