*Maya Angelou is at home in North Carolina recovering after a brief hospitalization. A statement was released to her speaker’s bureau, MacRae Speakers and Entertainment LLC.
Dr. Jeff Williamson of the WakeForest School of Medicine says she’s not allowed to travel for the next three to four weeks. As a result, she had to cancel appearances scheduled for this week at the University of Indianapolis.
Maya Angelou is 85.
*Gabby Douglas has demonstrated strength not only on the exercise floor, but also in the public as she reveled in her Olympic success while critics wrote full columns about her hair.
In an interview with HuffPost Live, she talked about how she managed the stress and negativity.
“I really didn’t focus on it,” she said.
Her thoughts were on the positive things like becoming the first African American gymnast in Olympic history to become the individual all-around champion and taking the gold.
Gabby also credits her strength in the face of haters to the discipline she’s learned from gymnastics. Although she does admit that her mom, Natalie Hawkins, wasn’t so cool, calm and collected.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 911 Records in Prince Probe Show June 2011 Call over Cocaine Concern (Report)
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here