*Maya Angelou is at home in North Carolina recovering after a brief hospitalization. A statement was released to her speaker’s bureau, MacRae Speakers and Entertainment LLC.
Dr. Jeff Williamson of the WakeForest School of Medicine says she’s not allowed to travel for the next three to four weeks. As a result, she had to cancel appearances scheduled for this week at the University of Indianapolis.
Maya Angelou is 85.
*Gabby Douglas has demonstrated strength not only on the exercise floor, but also in the public as she reveled in her Olympic success while critics wrote full columns about her hair.
In an interview with HuffPost Live, she talked about how she managed the stress and negativity.
“I really didn’t focus on it,” she said.
Her thoughts were on the positive things like becoming the first African American gymnast in Olympic history to become the individual all-around champion and taking the gold.
Gabby also credits her strength in the face of haters to the discipline she’s learned from gymnastics. Although she does admit that her mom, Natalie Hawkins, wasn’t so cool, calm and collected.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here