*Maya Angelou is at home in North Carolina recovering after a brief hospitalization. A statement was released to her speaker’s bureau, MacRae Speakers and Entertainment LLC.
Dr. Jeff Williamson of the WakeForest School of Medicine says she’s not allowed to travel for the next three to four weeks. As a result, she had to cancel appearances scheduled for this week at the University of Indianapolis.
Maya Angelou is 85.
*Gabby Douglas has demonstrated strength not only on the exercise floor, but also in the public as she reveled in her Olympic success while critics wrote full columns about her hair.
In an interview with HuffPost Live, she talked about how she managed the stress and negativity.
“I really didn’t focus on it,” she said.
Her thoughts were on the positive things like becoming the first African American gymnast in Olympic history to become the individual all-around champion and taking the gold.
Gabby also credits her strength in the face of haters to the discipline she’s learned from gymnastics. Although she does admit that her mom, Natalie Hawkins, wasn’t so cool, calm and collected.
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here