*Maya Angelou is at home in North Carolina recovering after a brief hospitalization. A statement was released to her speaker’s bureau, MacRae Speakers and Entertainment LLC.
Dr. Jeff Williamson of the WakeForest School of Medicine says she’s not allowed to travel for the next three to four weeks. As a result, she had to cancel appearances scheduled for this week at the University of Indianapolis.
Maya Angelou is 85.
*Gabby Douglas has demonstrated strength not only on the exercise floor, but also in the public as she reveled in her Olympic success while critics wrote full columns about her hair.
In an interview with HuffPost Live, she talked about how she managed the stress and negativity.
“I really didn’t focus on it,” she said.
Her thoughts were on the positive things like becoming the first African American gymnast in Olympic history to become the individual all-around champion and taking the gold.
Gabby also credits her strength in the face of haters to the discipline she’s learned from gymnastics. Although she does admit that her mom, Natalie Hawkins, wasn’t so cool, calm and collected.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here