*“American Idol” season three winner Fantasia returned to the show that made her a star, performing her new single “Lose to Win” on the April 18 elimination broadcast.
The 28-year-old North Carolina native dedicated the song to families in need, especially those in Boston and Texas following the recent tragedies.
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter after her performance, ‘Tasia also remembered her own “Idol” family — especially those at her side in the series’ first ever all-girl top 4.
Now, after five seasons of male winners, Idol will again have a female champ. Hear what Fantasia had to say about season 12, Nicki Minaj’s impact on music and “Idol” a decade on in the interview below. [Scroll down to watch her performance of “Lose to Win.”]
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here