Yes, it’s not pretty. A few business investors went after him because his gym line, Performance Gaines, was wack and didn’t sell.
“The guys behind the lawsuit — Jory Wolf and Nicholas Lorenz — claim they dumped six figures into the project before Baskett’s name was even attached to it … and got left high and dry with nothing to show for it, says TMZ.
Wolf and Lorenz are pointing the finger primarily at Gaines, claiming Gaines tricked them into investing their money by promising a 40% share in the “Performance Gaines” business … and then yanked the rug from underneath them, giving away their shares to other partners; one of whom was Baskett.
The plaintiffs are suing for unspecified damages.
No word yet from Baskett.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Shanice Williams Says She and Dorothy Are the Same in 'The Wiz Live!'
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here