Yes, it’s not pretty. A few business investors went after him because his gym line, Performance Gaines, was wack and didn’t sell.
“The guys behind the lawsuit — Jory Wolf and Nicholas Lorenz — claim they dumped six figures into the project before Baskett’s name was even attached to it … and got left high and dry with nothing to show for it, says TMZ.
Wolf and Lorenz are pointing the finger primarily at Gaines, claiming Gaines tricked them into investing their money by promising a 40% share in the “Performance Gaines” business … and then yanked the rug from underneath them, giving away their shares to other partners; one of whom was Baskett.
The plaintiffs are suing for unspecified damages.
No word yet from Baskett.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here