Yes, it’s not pretty. A few business investors went after him because his gym line, Performance Gaines, was wack and didn’t sell.
“The guys behind the lawsuit — Jory Wolf and Nicholas Lorenz — claim they dumped six figures into the project before Baskett’s name was even attached to it … and got left high and dry with nothing to show for it, says TMZ.
Wolf and Lorenz are pointing the finger primarily at Gaines, claiming Gaines tricked them into investing their money by promising a 40% share in the “Performance Gaines” business … and then yanked the rug from underneath them, giving away their shares to other partners; one of whom was Baskett.
The plaintiffs are suing for unspecified damages.
No word yet from Baskett.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues: Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here