Yes, it’s not pretty. A few business investors went after him because his gym line, Performance Gaines, was wack and didn’t sell.
“The guys behind the lawsuit — Jory Wolf and Nicholas Lorenz — claim they dumped six figures into the project before Baskett’s name was even attached to it … and got left high and dry with nothing to show for it, says TMZ.
Wolf and Lorenz are pointing the finger primarily at Gaines, claiming Gaines tricked them into investing their money by promising a 40% share in the “Performance Gaines” business … and then yanked the rug from underneath them, giving away their shares to other partners; one of whom was Baskett.
The plaintiffs are suing for unspecified damages.
No word yet from Baskett.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here